Anyone looking forward to BattleTech?

Started by acctingman, December 13, 2016, 01:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

I thought this developer simplified their Shadowrun mechanics too much.  But those RPGs still ended up being enjoyable. 

Fortunately this Battletech game is closer to the tabletop mechanics.  O0

Martok

Will try not to get my hopes up too much, but will still keep my eyes on this one.  Have been a Battletech fan since I was introduced to the game at 16. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Destraex

If this was WEGO like combat mission I would be very interested.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

jomni

Quote from: Destraex on December 28, 2016, 03:39:53 AM
If this was WEGO like combat mission I would be very interested.

The original tabletop game isn't WEGO.
Whether the rules are simplified or not, it looks like it got the general feel of the tabletop game based on the vids.

Destraex

Jomni like I said. If it was WEGO it would be interesting to me. Because it would be more real.
If it is simply a copy of an ancient tabletop rule set that in it's day had to take into account the fact that people were moving figures around i.e. it needed to be turn based (UGOIGO) then I am not.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

jomni

Nefaro

We've been asking for a fancy 3D turn-based digital version of Battletech for ages.  I, for one, am glad someone finally got around to producing one.  :clap:

FlickJax

I think it looks ace and that is all i have to say about that.