Fallout 4 Mod: Fallout 3

Started by Rayfer, February 27, 2018, 09:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

RPS article on a work-in-progress for Fallout 4 that recreates the entirety of Fallout 3.  The 12 minute video of actual gameplay looks quite good.  https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/02/27/fallout-4-mod-remaking-fallout-3/#more-520477

JudgeDredd

Why not just play Fallout 3  >:D
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 27, 2018, 10:06:27 AM

EXACTLY. This one has me scratching my head.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rayfer

I may be wrong but I assume beyond the visual enhancements (looking better) it will also use the Fallout 4 engine with its many things you couldn't do in Fallout 3.  The two games play quite differently. Others are doing this as well by bringing Morrowind and Oblivion into the Skyrim engine. It's been done with the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games, adding new quests, npc's, etc.  Perhaps they will do the same with this newer version of Fallout 3?

Pete Dero

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 27, 2018, 10:06:27 AM

Didn't Fallout 3 have problems running on windows 7 and 8 ?  (Steam page still gives you a warning about issues)

Gusington

I played Fallout 3 back when it was released on Windows 7 with no issues. There was a lot of hate when it was first released that it was too much like a shooter and not Fallout-y enough. Kind of like the hate for Fallout 4.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on February 27, 2018, 01:42:51 PM
I played Fallout 3 back when it was released on Windows 7 with no issues. There was a lot of hate when it was first released that it was too much like a shooter and not Fallout-y enough. Kind of like the hate for Fallout 4.

So there was some fallout over Fallout?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

A little. After a while it fell...out.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd