Close Combat The Bloody First...alpha screenshots

Started by -budd-, March 24, 2017, 08:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

Quote from: -budd- on March 24, 2017, 08:48:47 AM
A couple of screenshots posted. It will be all about the AI for me.Post#111

3D engine now.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4116917&mpage=4&key=

Didnt know you could copy image address and repost, learned something new.

acctingman

acctingman

Good LORD :wow:

Reading some of those Matrix posts.....not sure which forum is more toxic...Steam or the Matrix forums :uglystupid2:

Are there that many whinny, self-entitled, cry baby bitches in the gaming world?  :idiot2:

mirth

Quote from: acctingman on March 24, 2017, 09:07:55 AM
Are there that many whinny, self-entitled, cry baby bitches in the gaming world?  :idiot2:

Is this a serious question? :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

acctingman

Quote from: mirth on March 24, 2017, 09:16:28 AM
Quote from: acctingman on March 24, 2017, 09:07:55 AM

Is this a serious question? :P

I don't want it to be  :'(

-budd-

Yea, I don't quite understand it myself. Most of the game forums i visit over there are fine and helpful.

RyanE

Its been a very long time since I played CC.  Do they support multi-story buildings in the latest releases.  It always seemed weird that CC couldn't support them when I played it.

Raied

JasonPratt

Quote from: RyanE on March 24, 2017, 10:17:59 AM
Its been a very long time since I played CC.  Do they support multi-story buildings in the latest releases.  It always seemed weird that CC couldn't support them when I played it.

When did you play it? I remember multi-story buildings (up to 3 levels maybe 4) being a staple of the line-of-sight since at least as far back as CC:ABTF (or whatever the Market-Garden campaign was called).

Or did you mean distinct multi-story buildings? Like, someone could get into the 2nd floor of a 4 story church (the tower top counting as 4th), instead of the tower top or the 3rd floor, for some reason.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

A couple of screenshots posted. It will be all about the AI for me

That engine looks very doable. Also as a euphamism.  :smitten:

I'm actually scared to ask what the whinging is about.  :wow:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

RyanE

I meant going into multi-story buildings and having units potentially on each floor.

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 24, 2017, 11:19:06 AM
A couple of screenshots posted. It will be all about the AI for me

That engine looks very doable. Also as a euphamism.  :smitten:

I'm actually scared to ask what the whinging is about.  :wow:

It's the same as with world in flames - waiting fatigue leading to waiting rage and some poor guy been dumb enough to put dates on things - they've been promised these screenshots since at least December

Boggit

I saw the basics of this back in May 2014. IIRC, although I am sure there was much more to it, the key feature is the ability to alter the view from 2d to 3d. The sample Slitherine showed me looked pretty slick. I must confess I haven't heard about this project since then and thought perhaps they'd dropped it from development.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Destraex

Been waiting for news of this for some time. Interesting.
Graphics look ok if a little bland for the tanks and very basic for the ground textures, walls and buildings. Guess that is why it's called an alpha :)
Just looking at it though, I am wondering whether something like steel division 1944 could almost do the 3D infantry close combat thing with more detail?
I hope the CC detailed infantry bars survived. I don't see it there yet.
Fingers crossed, I am really looking forward to this!!!
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"