Games that track losses

Started by acctingman, April 05, 2017, 12:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

I have a really bizarre question to ask.

Do any of you folks now of any world war 2 games that keep track of losses after battles are concluded? For instance, I know Steel Panthers does, but I was wondering if any newer-ish games show losses at the end of the game. More detail the better. For instance, instead of losing 40 tanks, it shows 20 M4A1's, 20 M24's, etc...

Thanks

Sir Slash

The Decisive Campaigns Series keep track of all the casualties on both sides throughout the game.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

undercovergeek

The war game series always has, even has names of the tank commanders - so I'm assuming steel division will have

Pete Dero

Gary Grigsby's War in the West & War in the East

acctingman

Thanks!

I've always wanted to try the Grisby series!

spelk

This reminds me of the interesting way that the Schwerpunkt titles compare your scores (wins/losses) to those of History.

see this end of scenario summary for the Crimea scenario in Russo-German War (a very old title indeed)

The latest title in their series, World War II Europe also does the same end of game scoresheet, here is an example, although it is from a German language AAR I found through the forums on Schwerpunkt's website.

http://schwerpunktgames.com/misc/games/world-war-ii-europe-1939-1945/

Jarhead0331

Not a weird question at all. This is always something I look for in a wargame. It adds tremendously to the sense of immersion.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Windigo

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 05, 2017, 02:51:29 PM
Not a weird question at all. This is always something I look for in a wargame. It adds tremendously to the sense of immersion.

So what's the most immersive in your opinion?
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

RyanE

Both CM and Graviteam let you review the complete battlefield and see who killed what.  In fact, the GT AAR lets you actually see any hits and penetration effects on vehicles.  If I play an hour, I spend at least half that in AAR mode looking at the results.  Steel Beasts also has a form of that, just not as elegant.

OJsDad

Flashpoint: Red Storm show units killed by type, and which of your units did it. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

Quote from: OJsDad on April 05, 2017, 04:03:58 PM
Flashpoint: Red Storm show units killed by type, and which of your units did it.

Quit bragging!  >:(

:D