Cyberpunk 2077 - from Witcher devs

Started by Jarhead0331, November 22, 2017, 05:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/cyberpunk-2077-cinematic-rtx-mode/
https://www.thegamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-hidden-cinematic-rtx-mode/

Cyberpunk 2077 has a hidden Cinematic RTX mode

Turning this on apparently improves level of detail settings, lighting, and ambient occlusion at the cost of 2GB more VRAM usage compared to the highest in-game settings. We were hard pushed to spot any difference, but your mileage may vary.

The good news is that you don't need to download anything, or do any hex editing to access this setting, you merely need to create a shortcut to the game and add a switch that will change its behaviour at load time.

If you're running the Steam version, you simply have to right-click the game, select properties, and under launch options, add -qualityLevel=Cinematic_RTX.

If you bought the game directly from GOG, then by default, the Cyberpunk2077.exe can be found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberpunk2077\bin\x64\ directory. Make your way there, right-click it and select "Create Shortcut" from the drop-down list. Right-click this shortcut and select Properties from the drop-down list and add the following to the Target box after what's already there:

-qualityLevel=Cinematic_RTX

Example : https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose/latest/embed/index.html?uid=8bef860a-45f3-11eb-83c8-ebb5d6f907df

There are some subtle variations—look at the grass at the bottom of the scene, and the contrast seems better in the Cinematic_RTX render too.

Pete Dero

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/217872/two-cyberpunk-2077-lawsuits

CD PROJEKT is now facing two class action lawsuits on behalf of investors over the problematic launch of Cyberpunk 2077. The suits come from the LA-based Schall Law and NYC-based The Rosen Law Firm, and Wccftech notes that both of these firms also sued Activision Blizzard last year for deceiving investors about their split with Bungie. Investors are urged to register with the Schall Law Firm here and with Rosen Law here. Here are some details from Schall Law on their case:

The class, in this case, has not yet been certified, and until certification occurs, you are not represented by an attorney. If you choose to take no action, you can remain an absent class member.

According to the Complaint, the Company made false and misleading statements to the market. CD Projekt's hotly-anticipated video game "Cyberpunk 2077" was essentially unplayable on current-generation Xbox and PlayStation consoles due to an overwhelming number of bugs and other problems. Sony, Microsoft, and the Company were forced to offer refunds to customers who bought "Cyberpunk 2077," resulting in Sony removing the game from its PlayStation Store. The Company's reputation was harmed significantly by the botched launch of "Cyberpunk 2077." Based on these facts, the Company's public statements were false and materially misleading throughout the class period. When the market learned the truth about CD Projekt, investors suffered damages.

Redwolf

Quote from: Pete Dero on December 25, 2020, 03:36:56 PM
https://www.bluesnews.com/s/217872/two-cyberpunk-2077-lawsuits

CD PROJEKT is now facing two class action lawsuits on behalf of investors over the problematic launch of Cyberpunk 2077. The suits come from the LA-based Schall Law and NYC-based The Rosen Law Firm, and Wccftech notes that both of these firms also sued Activision Blizzard last year for deceiving investors about their split with Bungie. Investors are urged to register with the Schall Law Firm here and with Rosen Law here. Here are some details from Schall Law on their case:

The class, in this case, has not yet been certified, and until certification occurs, you are not represented by an attorney. If you choose to take no action, you can remain an absent class member.

According to the Complaint, the Company made false and misleading statements to the market. CD Projekt's hotly-anticipated video game "Cyberpunk 2077" was essentially unplayable on current-generation Xbox and PlayStation consoles due to an overwhelming number of bugs and other problems. Sony, Microsoft, and the Company were forced to offer refunds to customers who bought "Cyberpunk 2077," resulting in Sony removing the game from its PlayStation Store. The Company's reputation was harmed significantly by the botched launch of "Cyberpunk 2077." Based on these facts, the Company's public statements were false and materially misleading throughout the class period. When the market learned the truth about CD Projekt, investors suffered damages.

It's an interesting question.

You develop a game and the hardware requirements end up higher than anticipated, thereby excluding a part of the target audience.

Normal in software development or punishable?

al_infierno

Quote from: Redwolf on December 30, 2020, 12:20:42 PM

You develop a game and the hardware requirements end up higher than anticipated, thereby excluding a part of the target audience.

PC hardware requirements being higher than anticipated is one thing, but these are consoles we're talking about.  There's no excuse for releasing the game on previous gen consoles in the state they did.  There's no way the game could have gotten past QA and into stores without someone saying "hey, this clearly can't run on old hardware."  They would have been better off putting out a release-day statement that said "sorry guys, we messed up, it's only releasing on next-gen and PC."  100% punishable.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

With 53 hours in at level 31 and 50 street creed, I only recently started using cyberware for combat and it's unlocked a whole new way to play the game. I had a ripper doc install a legendary processor with something like 8 mod slots and a crap load of ram. I love making guys commit suicide and detonate grenades in a crowd. Lots of fun mixing these abilities in with more traditional combat.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jamus34

Quote from: al_infierno on December 30, 2020, 08:11:02 PM

PC hardware requirements being higher than anticipated is one thing, but these are consoles we're talking about.  There's no excuse for releasing the game on previous gen consoles in the state they did.  There's no way the game could have gotten past QA and into stores without someone saying "hey, this clearly can't run on old hardware."  They would have been better off putting out a release-day statement that said "sorry guys, we messed up, it's only releasing on next-gen and PC."  100% punishable.

I can easily tell you what happened, the dev's were building it for next gen and upper management / marketing / bean counters were like "Whoa, hold on there, we are losing our on XX million potential sales of people with last gen consoles, you need to make it playable on there too"

I'm willing to bet the delays of the release date of the game was due to someone coming back to the programming team and telling them they needed to make it run on current gen hardware.

Management was the reason why TES Oblivion looked liked absolute dogshit on PC; because the dev's were required to program it to the lowest common denominator which was the consoles of the time.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

Hard to tell if your post was about the game or 'Wednesday afternoon,' JH.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Redwolf

Quote from: al_infierno on December 30, 2020, 08:11:02 PM

Yes, but you look at company to consumer relations. Not releasing the offending versions would fix that.

I was talking about company to investor relations. Years ago they thought they could run on the now outgoing consoles, and they told investors that. This cannot be repaired by not releasing the offending versions. And that is an interesting question. If they had given up on the outgoing consoles and not release for them, what happens to the year old estimate that they could? I am not sure the investors have a clean slate here.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 30, 2020, 08:52:53 PM
With 53 hours in at level 31 and 50 street creed, I only recently started using cyberware for combat and it's unlocked a whole new way to play the game. I had a ripper doc install a legendary processor with something like 8 mod slots and a crap load of ram. I love making guys commit suicide and detonate grenades in a crowd. Lots of fun mixing these abilities in with more traditional combat.

Cyberware is totally nuts. 

My advice is to QUICKLY upgrade your Operating System as that opens  up having a varied and deadly cyberdeck.  You can easily take out an entire base with just hacking into one camera with a 6-7 slot cyberdeck with a lot of ram and short circuit, contagion, and overheat. 

I'm currently respecd to a "Tech Samurai" build.  High reflexes and high intelligence with a smattering in body and an emphasis in blades.  With either Mantis Blades or even better a Legendary Katana I'm unstoppable. 

Blades with Roaring Waters, Judge Jury and Executioner and Fiery Blast all maxed will one shot just about any regular enemy with a Legendary Katana.  It'll two/three shot bosses.

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Pete Dero

Many mods have been released but so far I only installed one that I found very useful without changing anything to the game : a better minimap.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/634?tab=description

Different versions:

Better:
       Slightly Bigger
       No Border
       No Compass
       Modded Zoom
    Transparent:
       Transparent Background
       Modded Zoom
    Zoom Only:
        Modded Zoom
    Compass Only:
        No Minimap
        Just the Compass

Zoom options (Most zoomed-in => Most zoomed out):

Low
    Normal
    High
    Ultra

All zoom options have the same on-foot zoom.
What changes between them is the vehicle zoom.

Unmodded :                                                                         Modded with high zoom :

Jarhead0331

^Very cool. Thanks for posting. The mini-map is one of the few things that I felt could be improved about this game. Almost 60 hours in and still going strong.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Yskonyn

EFT pulled me away from this for now, but it's ok. I can wait for a few more patches and then play the glorious version of the game (yeah I also noticed I use 'glorious' a lot lately!) :D
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."