Unity of Command II - Steam Link and Q3 2019 release

Started by CJReich46, February 28, 2019, 01:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJReich46

I just got an email from the 2x2Games  guys (Unity of Command) I was among the beta testers for the 1st one.

Unity of Command II is coming  Q3 2019!!

Steam Linky for your perusal and trailer for maximum loin moistening. (I can't believe I even said that... ::))

https://store.steampowered.com/app/809230/Unity_of_Command_II/

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

sandman2575

This is fantastic news.  There are only a few games I'm really looking forward to this year, and UoC2 is very much on that list. From everything I've seen in the Dev Diaries, this looks like it is going to build in really interesting ways on what was already an excellent,  if somewhat limited, original game.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

acctingman

How is this game different than Order of Battle? They "look" so similar.

JasonPratt

That's a good question, not least because both systems are modifications of the Panzer General formula!

Map scale is larger for UoC, and (partly in consequence) it features a far more continuous front line nominally. (Breaking this front and prosecuting deep penetrations behind it, are key to any UoC operation.) I could name other differences, mostly where UoC doesn't have as many options, also its supply level works a little differently (in practice vaporizing out of supply units completely after a couple of turns). But I can't tell what things have been significantly changed yet in the new UoC although the indications are that the devs have made some changes. Screenies so far suggest to me that a continuous front isn't so much a factor anymore, possibly due to scale changes.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Steam Workshop support should result in some great user-made scenarios.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jomni

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Just watched the trailer and it has really evolved since the heads of the first game, looks great.

Not as great as Order of Battle, but still very good.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

HoodedHorseJoe

Unity of Command 2 now has a release date of sorts. It's dropping sometime in November, with beta applications open now.

Beta will start on October 21st.

https://unityofcommand.net/blog/2019/10/10/developer-diary-24/
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Heh, due to the typo, I read that at first as "taking bets on when exactly in November".  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

And with Steam Workshop support, lots of juicy battles will follow.  :dreamer: