Unity of Command II - Steam Link and Q3 2019 release

Started by CJReich46, February 28, 2019, 01:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 05, 2019, 03:22:19 PM
Quote from: mbar on November 05, 2019, 12:08:19 PM
No that is 2x3.

Wow!  Looks really good!  And you get an editor!

to get in the mood for Unity of Command II, I've been playing Unity of Command (the old one).

Anguille

Quote from: MengJiao on November 10, 2019, 09:13:26 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on November 05, 2019, 03:22:19 PM
Quote from: mbar on November 05, 2019, 12:08:19 PM
No that is 2x3.

Wow!  Looks really good!  And you get an editor!

to get in the mood for Unity of Command II, I've been playing Unity of Command (the old one).
Same here....still damn difficult sometimes

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

demjansk1942

Too many games being released, I can't play them all

Skoop

Gusington

The original UoC was definitely puzzle like but I have heard murmurs that the developers are attempting to make this second game less so.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Dammit Carl!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

I just dove into Overlord and took a look at another scenario. Very impressed. The strategic and HQ features are very good and a really good step-up from Unity of Command 1.
I think this is one of the most well-produced and great-looking WW2 games I've seen yet. Great UI production values, amount of scenarios, campaign and the editor - this is a good purchase.

With this and War Plan I think Xmas has come early.

al_infierno

Yeah.  Between the HQ units, movable supply depots, and persistent units and support, I think this game will please the people who disliked the first one for being too "puzzle-y."  There's still a fairly strict turn timer, but now there's at least a difficulty slider so you can lax the turn limit a bit.  Feels like they took some more queues from the Panzer General playbook, which is always a plus for me!

I also gotta say that I LOVE the new options for special attacks, i.e. artillery suppression, feint attack, etc.  A problem I had with UoC1 was that the infantry felt practically useless and only there to fill holes in your line and mop up damaged enemies.  This game makes infantry much more useful with these special attacks that inflict suppression without taking the heavy losses associated with attacking a fortified position head-on.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

I like what you guys are posting.

West front only for now?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

em2nought

Man, I want to retire so I can play!  Alas!  :dreamer:
Stolen elections have consequences.

al_infierno

Quote from: Gusington on November 12, 2019, 07:56:24 PM
I like what you guys are posting.

West front only for now?

Yeah, but apparently there's an eastern front DLC in the pipeline  :dreamer:

Quote from: em2nought on November 12, 2019, 07:59:19 PM
Man, I want to retire so I can play!  Alas!  :dreamer:

Don't we all  :'(

- MengJiao