Author Topic: DCS Discussion  (Read 241455 times)

Offline SirAndrewD

• Condottieri
Re: DCS Discussion
« Reply #2265 on: Yesterday at 02:46:43 PM »

Wait until you nail an AAR. That is something that realistically can only be accomplished with a "real" stick and throttle.

Yeah, that's my next big one.

I mean, I've watched Cap from the Reapers (I know they have a mixed rep but I like their videos) do it with an X-56.  I never could.  Absolutely going to give it a try, maybe tonight.

Online Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #2266 on: Yesterday at 03:28:16 PM »
Meh. i like the Reapers too. I'll never understand all the vitriol they get. I suppose people get annoyed that they just like to have fun and don't feel the need to play real fighter pilot every time they run a cold start.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline SirAndrewD

• Condottieri
« Reply #2267 on: Yesterday at 05:30:42 PM »
Meh. i like the Reapers too. I'll never understand all the vitriol they get. I suppose people get annoyed that they just like to have fun and don't feel the need to play real fighter pilot every time they run a cold start.

I like them too.  I saw a few long angry videos breaking down their issues.  I think it all really comes down to misunderstanding, but whatever.  Only said the caveat because I know people have a lot of issues with them.

I find them fun and Cap's button assignment videos were invaluable to me setting up my X-56 and now translating it to my Mongoose.

Online Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #2268 on: Yesterday at 08:00:28 PM »

I like them too.  I saw a few long angry videos breaking down their issues.  I think it all really comes down to misunderstanding, but whatever.  Only said the caveat because I know people have a lot of issues with them.

I find them fun and Cap's button assignment videos were invaluable to me setting up my X-56 and now translating it to my Mongoose.

I tend to like them because I can watch a six to ten minute video and learn the basics for pretty much any operation. Sure they leave out non-essential tasks and information and sometimes donít know the purpose behind every function, but for a primer on cold start, navigation, radios, all kinds of weapons employment and sensors, I usually look to the reapers. When I have more time or want more in depth treatment, I look elsewhere.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18