Author Topic: Second Front (in Development)  (Read 53712 times)

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
Re: Second Front (in Development)
« Reply #555 on: May 29, 2021, 11:45:52 AM »
Sweet!
"I'm not even dead and I'm rolling over in my grave."

- Toonces

Offline Jo B

• Viking
  • Developer
    • www.hexdraw.com
« Reply #556 on: June 03, 2021, 08:23:02 AM »

4 maps for continuous gameplay, surviving player units will be transferred to the next map

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #557 on: June 03, 2021, 09:16:09 AM »
WOW! That's a lot of map.  :wow:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline Jo B

• Viking
  • Developer
    • www.hexdraw.com
« Reply #558 on: June 05, 2021, 04:50:37 AM »

Barricady Ordnance Factory

Offline Zulu1966

• Viking
« Reply #559 on: June 05, 2021, 07:52:05 AM »
Wow... :wow:
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #560 on: June 05, 2021, 08:41:11 AM »
That IS impressive Jo B. Please tell me again what the scale is per hex, I've forgotten.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline Jo B

• Viking
  • Developer
    • www.hexdraw.com
« Reply #561 on: June 07, 2021, 12:39:21 AM »
that is about 27m per hex

Offline al_infierno

• Man-at-Arms
  • Giudecca in the hell of unknowing
« Reply #562 on: June 07, 2021, 02:18:28 AM »
I've said it before and I'll reiterate it again.  I need this game yesterday   :clap: :dreamer:
It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Offline Jo B

• Viking
  • Developer
    • www.hexdraw.com
« Reply #563 on: June 07, 2021, 04:15:37 AM »
I've said it before and I'll reiterate it again.  I need this game yesterday   :clap: :dreamer:
yeah, I am sorry, it lasts longer than expected. and I must and will do it right. I have no option to release a half finished game.
hope you guys still stand by me. ::)

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #564 on: June 07, 2021, 07:37:40 AM »
^I will! The amount of care you put into this is clear.
"I'm not even dead and I'm rolling over in my grave."

- Toonces

Offline Geezer

• Viking
« Reply #565 on: June 07, 2021, 07:46:15 AM »
]
yeah, I am sorry, it lasts longer than expected. and I must and will do it right. I have no option to release a half finished game.

Stay the course.  You won't get a second chance to make a good first impression.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #566 on: June 07, 2021, 10:05:08 AM »
NO! Please, no half-finished games.  :hide:

Offline Zulu1966

• Viking
« Reply #567 on: June 07, 2021, 11:32:11 AM »

Absolutely.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Offline al_infierno

• Man-at-Arms
  • Giudecca in the hell of unknowing
« Reply #568 on: June 07, 2021, 04:24:28 PM »
+1 to what the others said!  Don't mind my impatience  O0
It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Offline Jo B

• Viking
  • Developer
    • www.hexdraw.com
« Reply #569 on: June 13, 2021, 12:54:05 PM »

interview tomorrow on youtube