Second Front (in Development)

Started by Jo B, August 13, 2019, 03:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

Here it is lads  :notworthy:

Great interview and really just stokes the flames of my hype train.  I didn't get the impression the interviewer was much of a wargamer, let alone an ASL fan, but he still asked some pretty decent questions.

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jo B

thanks for posting the interview
I hope I am understandable most time

so far 138 Buildings

and their ruined version

more car decos

new city props

city decorations

al_infierno

Your English is great Jo.  Looking forward to more updates!   :)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

devoncop

Nice.

Kudos on the buildings and vehicle varieties. Amazing variety.

Keeping fingers crossed on the AI which will make or break the game ..... ;)
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

Purely secondary but the car models are awesome!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jo B

Glider concept

white flags

gfx is a bid bad on my 10 year old laptob

this last one is defending vs the AI. you win on holding the Victory Location when it counts down to zero. so for 10 turns...

Sir Slash

I'm almost expecting to see deer scampering away in the woods next.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Geezer

So it was two years ago today that Jo B first posted about the game here.  In light of this anniversary could we get some unofficial inkling of when it might be released?   Thanks.  ;)
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jo B

Quote from: Geezer on August 13, 2021, 11:48:43 AM
So it was two years ago today that Jo B first posted about the game here.  In light of this anniversary could we get some unofficial inkling of when it might be released?   Thanks.  ;)
yeah you know , in short : nope :-)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

"When it's ready" works for me.   O0

- MengJiao

Geezer

Quote from: Jo B on August 13, 2021, 12:03:32 PM
Quote from: Geezer on August 13, 2021, 11:48:43 AM
yeah you know , in short : nope :-)

It was worth a shot....   ;D
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Jo B

new Soldiers

vehicles in player help