Main Menu

Roman Empire Wars

Started by Jarhead0331, November 10, 2020, 12:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Don't know much about it, but it looks pretty damn juicy!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1443980/Roman_Empire_Wars/

Rise!
As a new emperor of Rome, guide your country through the uncertain times, when the Empire is being constantly surrounded by the enemy nations. Don't wait for the inevitable, but show them your might and bring the war to their doorstep! For the power of Rome is great and the Emperor's fury brings death.

Command!
Gather your legions of the fiercest warriors in the whole Empire. Prepare for the bloodshed and create a strategy that will bring to shame the leaders across the Europe. Lead your troops to the victory as a wise and tireless commander. Give swift orders and change your plan accordingly to the situation on the battlefield. Flank, push them back and destroy. Everyone shall kneel before the armies of the Emperor.

Conquer!
Stand face to face with various fractions and bring them a crushing defeat. No Gauls, Huns, Greeks, Spartans or other barbarians will spit in the face of the Emperor. Make them pay for their impertinence. No matter how strong is their army, the Roman Empire will bring them devastation across the whole Europe. On the land and on the sea.

Venture!
Manifest the glory of Rome, by battling in the distant lands of various countries. Rage war throughout the Greece, Carthage, Persia, Egipt and Great Britain. Let the glory of the Roman Empire be spread in Europe, by the means of sword. Make them fear your anger and marvel at your wisdom.

Main features:
- Take part in a large scale, epic battles that mimic the real life war campaigns of the greatest Emperor's in the history of Rome.- Engage the foreign armies in a tactical Real-Time Strategy fashion and use your dexterity to quickly crush your enemies.
- Become a great leader who builds his Empire's glory through multiple victories over the barbaric nations.
- Make use of your cunning and make swift decisions that will lead your legions of various historically accurate unit types to glory.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Zulu1966

Looks good - hopefully does something different to RTW

I liked this also - which appeared underneath it on the steam page - not sure if from the same developer ?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1401370/Viking_City_Builder/

"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

JasonPratt

Following that trail, after Viking City Builder I also wishlisted Aztec City Builder (or whatever it was specifically called), and The Headsman.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

My wallet, it screams.

Further down in my queue was also Kingdoms: Reborn, which also looks pretty good.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Saw this. But after seeing it was made by playways and looking a bit more closely at the soldier models I decided to remove it from my wishlist until it is done.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

solops

It looks interesting, but I find the title misleading. The vikings and the Romans did not interact. By the time the Vikings came around Rome was dead in the west and had transformed in the east. The Emperor's Varangian Guards were all Norsemen and Byzantium traded with the North, using a lot of Norse mercenaries. All that was left in the West were barbarian Kings of the proto-states of the medieval kingdoms some of whose lords aped Roman customs. This does not detract from the game, but they need to find a new title or move the game's setting. Or not.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Destraex

Seems to have been improved a lot judging by the new trailer. I like the look of it now. Looks a lot more historical.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

That does look really good...the 3D models are awesome. The color palette is a little...odd...in some spots, but still very good.

The scam video makes me quite nervous, though...Emperor Games vs. Playway? Oy. And the 'polish' concern mentioned in the trailer sounds like a legit issue.

I too hope this game is real, all that said.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd