IL-2 Sturmovik: Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka

Started by Zulu1966, November 20, 2020, 12:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skoop

There's probably better missions and campaigns made for tank crew by the community in the il2 box forums for mission builders.

Would be interesting if they added the career campaigns for tank crew like the planes have.

Destraex

Did you guys know that anybody that owns il2 can help crew a Tank Crew owners tank?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Skoop

Nice, I hadn't tested that.

Saw a review where they played on the Finnish dynamic server that had a mission that looked like battlefield with tank crew player capping flags as players in opposing tanks and planes try to stop them.

Might have to check that one out.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Destraex on April 15, 2021, 06:09:39 PM
Did you guys know that anybody that owns il2 can help crew a Tank Crew owners tank?

:D :D :D :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

Father Ted

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Millipede

Unfortunately, "This is a keyless non-Steam product". I guess I should have bought IL-2 from the company store... my bad.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Millipede on September 04, 2021, 03:28:15 PM
Unfortunately, "This is a keyless non-Steam product". I guess I should have bought IL-2 from the company store... my bad.

That explains why it is not on sale in Steam. 

I hate when publishers pull that Steam / non-Steam stuff....
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Grim.Reaper

I did buy it but haven't figured out how to play it yet/). Guess I need to watch some videos or something unless I missed the tutorial

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 04, 2021, 04:21:24 PM
I did buy it but haven't figured out how to play it yet/). Guess I need to watch some videos or something unless I missed the tutorial

The key commands take some getting used to.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 04, 2021, 04:53:47 PM

I finally solved that issue with an Elgato Stream Deck.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 04, 2021, 05:08:22 PM

Interesting. How did you configure it? Care to share the profile?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 04, 2021, 05:23:18 PM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 04, 2021, 05:08:22 PM

Interesting. How did you configure it? Care to share the profile?

I basically just set it up as a button box and wrote keypress macros with Bar Raider's Super Macro. 

The part I'm not done with is making some good icons that fit. 

As soon as I finish with it I'll share it.  Right now I've been pushing harder to get a good profile for the aircraft that I'm comfortable with.  It's a lot harder to get the plane set up than it was with the tanks. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

SirAndrewD

Oh, and another helpful peripheral I just added is the Blackhog Explorer.  Can't recommend it enough. 

It's great for both air and armor.  I have it set up so it's how I handle complex engine management on the aircraft, and then when I go to the tank I have alternate assignments so I can do things with it like gunnery fine adjustment  and radio. 

Great device, but fair warning if any of you simmers want to pick one up, make sure you use DHL Express.  My box sat in IPZ Frankfurt for over a month before it finally made its way to the States because they accidently shipped it standard (Nice dudes though, when they realized the mistake they gave me free shipping).