Main Menu

Back to Friday

Started by Anguille, January 08, 2021, 04:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

In terms of non-gaming Fridaying, I picked up a jaw harp recently and have been enjoying strumming on it.  Once you get the technique down it's surprisingly easy to play any sort of sing-a-long song.  I haven't nearly mastered it like this guy playing Turkey in the Straw (about 1:00 in), but I can at least strum along to something simple like Rule Britannia on YouTube.   :buck2:

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Rayfer

a_i  pretty cool video you posted.

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 08, 2021, 11:12:51 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on January 08, 2021, 11:09:27 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 08, 2021, 10:51:55 AM
Oh...and maybe some Call to Arms too. The Russian campaign was recently released and I still need to catch up on the German campaign, as well.

I bought Call to Arms over the sale.  I got the deluxe version.  Why can't I play as the Russians or Germans in conquest mode? 

Also did you have to do anything special to unlock the Russian or German campaigns?  What version of Call To Arms do you have?  (Base, deluxe, or ultimate?)

Unfortunately, you need to have the "Ultimate" version to access that content. The way they released the various versions was pretty screwy and unclear. Rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, but it is a really fantastic game.

I feared that that was the case.  Well I have the Ultimate upgrade pack on my wishlist for when it goes on sale next time.  I agree this is a fun game and very well put together.  It's just unfortunate, and I'm saying this selfishly I admit, that I got fooled into buying the basic version then dumping money into the deluxe version when really I should have just bought the ultimate version right off the bat. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

FarAway Sooner

When I'm not posting on the R&P board, I plan on getting my Wizards and Warlords game to a good pausing point and winning my first Shadow Empires game.  Next time, I think I need to play with some actual opponents on the board, rather than just a bunch of random minor factions that I wanted to bulldoze the first time I played!   ;D

Alternately, I may get one shard of Eador: New Horizons in, but I think I'll end up doing SE.

airboy

If you ever win Shadow Empire officially - please take a screenshot (not easy - there is no internal mechanism) and post it.  Everyone else will have a drink to honor your accomplishment.

Lotti Fuehrscheim

Quote from: airboy on January 08, 2021, 04:37:28 PM
If you ever win Shadow Empire officially - please take a screenshot (not easy - there is no internal mechanism) and post it.  Everyone else will have a drink to honor your accomplishment.

airboy

Awesome!  Congrats!   :bd: :bd:

Post this on the Ha: I finished it! Thread.

UN Weapons Inspector

I will read about the games , instead of playing them , as has been my, admittedly unhealthy, habit for the past (generously) 5 Years.
Or , if I am lucky , I will expand on my love/hate relationship with GG War in the West.
Something tells me, though , that I will sleep on the sofa tonight, again