Total War - Warhammer III Announced

Started by Gusington, February 03, 2021, 10:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

For those who are into that sorta thing, it is coming later this year!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

The Warhammer titles must have made millions for them to go straight to a third title.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

What do you mean?

Honestly I could not get into the Warhammer I and II games...but this announcement includes Kislev, Cathay and (more obliquely) Nippon...all of which moisten my loins.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on February 03, 2021, 11:08:31 AM
What do you mean?

Honestly I could not get into the Warhammer I and II games...but this announcement includes Kislev, Cathay and (more obliquely) Nippon...all of which moisten my loins.

I mean, the series must have been extremely successful financially in order for them to make a third title, particularly before exploring any new historical material.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I think the Warhammer series is CA's most successful series of games to date by far. In between Warhammer titles, they did have Thrones of Britannia and Three Kingdoms. Thrones of Britannia was pretty much a bust, but Three Kingdoms has been their most successful historical title to date. They are doing rather well for themselves all in all :)

Allegedly there is a big historical reveal in the works from CA for some time this year.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Oh wow. Interesting. I'm guessing Kislev at last? Judging by the Winged Hussar like troops?

Hilarity ensues on Steam. You can't even get to the page to see the pre-order price  ::). I'm guessing it's like the others 59.99.

Interesting- Kislev and Cathay are the new factions.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

^Yes, two very interesting factions (for me as a WH noob, at least). I'm sure that Three Kingdoms had a lot to do with the development of 'Cathay.'

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.   :-[  Are we talking about Scotch?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

The FAQ does agree it's Kislev, by the way, which I find slightly amusing since I've been trading a lot with them in Warhammer: Corsair recently. ;) (And have helped them negotiate something like an alliance with the Empire.)

There will be an early 'free' DLC of an unknown faction (perhaps this is "Nippon"?) for pre-orders, which will last until a week after release later this year.

The FAQ also reveals that Creative Assembly fully plans to integrate all three maps into a giant campaign (like Mortal Empires) sooner or later, as a free add-on if you own all the games. (I suspect it'll also be a paid DLC, of course.) However, they aren't focusing on that right now.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

If the Free-LC is Nippon then I will pre-order.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on February 03, 2021, 01:23:03 PM
If the Free-LC is Nippon then I will pre-order.

Understandable. ;) We'll learn later before release.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I am also extremely psyched for Cathay and Kislev. This TWarhammer is by far the most interesting looking one for me.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Labbug

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd