Total War - Warhammer III Announced

Started by Gusington, February 03, 2021, 10:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellfish6

I played the first two versions in sales and I never really got the attraction to the Warhammer stuff. It just doesn't do it for me, and I fairly quickly uninstalled them.

I'd prefer an ACW (unless Grand Tactician cleans itself up) or a new Medieval title, but I recognize the numbers don't compare. A Medieval TW title with CK3's map and character systems would be pretty awesome.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: hellfish6 on February 04, 2021, 03:51:22 PM
I played the first two versions in sales and I never really got the attraction to the Warhammer stuff. It just doesn't do it for me, and I fairly quickly uninstalled them.

I'd prefer an ACW (unless Grand Tactician cleans itself up) or a new Medieval title, but I recognize the numbers don't compare. A Medieval TW title with CK3's map and character systems would be pretty awesome.

Yeah, I picked up TW: WH I after not having played the game system since the original R:TW.  I invested a ton of time into it, but never really found it that satisfying.  I suspect that the TW system has developed such a sophisticated user base that 2/3 of the mechanics in the game are just not intuitive to a noob like me. 

The scarcity of Heroes and the damnable cat and mouse games I had to play on the campaign map if anybody ever got into my Kingdom drove me nuts.  I didn't find the victories or the defeats terribly explicable.

Gusington

^It's massive, a total overhaul...the best thing we have until Medieval III Total War comes out. I think you'll be pleased :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Yskonyn

Quote from: Gusington on February 04, 2021, 04:08:33 PM
^Have you heard of the 1212AD mod for Attila: Total War?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1429109380

Ohh! I didn't know about this either!

I, too, have bought TW:W1 and 2 on sales, tried to play a campaign several times, but it feels so busy. You're getting besieged from all sides, yet are limited to how many armies you can field. I find it a confusing mess tbh.
I know war is Eternal in Warhammer, but it just confused me in the TW setting. Admittedly the game being so busy makes me have little patience with it.

Three Kingdoms also does this to me. It's so busy.

The classic titles are less like that. At least I feel that way. I'd like me some Medieval TW action and that mod might be a great suggestion! Thanks.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

^Definitely, 'busy' is a good descriptor.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

PAK

Talk is the free-addon nation will be Chaos Dwarves.

Boggit

Quote from: PAK on February 06, 2021, 09:11:37 AM
Talk is the free-addon nation will be Chaos Dwarves.
That would be a good choice.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Quote from: Yskonyn on February 05, 2021, 05:07:33 AM
Quote from: Gusington on February 04, 2021, 04:08:33 PM
^Have you heard of the 1212AD mod for Attila: Total War?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1429109380

Ohh! I didn't know about this either!

I, too, have bought TW:W1 and 2 on sales, tried to play a campaign several times, but it feels so busy. You're getting besieged from all sides, yet are limited to how many armies you can field. I find it a confusing mess tbh.
I know war is Eternal in Warhammer, but it just confused me in the TW setting. Admittedly the game being so busy makes me have little patience with it.

Three Kingdoms also does this to me. It's so busy.

The classic titles are less like that. At least I feel that way. I'd like me some Medieval TW action and that mod might be a great suggestion! Thanks.

That is what you call balance rather than any attempt at gameplay mechanics that make sense and I am not a fan either. You should be able to raise armies if you have enough food and supply lines. But no real supply line mechanics were ever introduced. Nor living off the land mechanics. I think there was one living off the land mechanic which basically just meant destroy the land.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

Grim.Reaper

I see now available for preload on Gamepass...caught me a little by surprise that it requires 113GB of storage space......

jamus34

Christ I really have no idea why some of these games are so bloated.

I mean 113 GB, really? 

Red dead 2 was around 100GB but that I could see. A strategy title not so much.
Insert witty comment here.