Helldivers II Announced!

Started by Jarhead0331, May 26, 2023, 12:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skoop

Saw a vid of guys doing solo as stealth.  They were show casing the stealth mechanics.  It seems that if you just can't get a group going and have to go solo, stealth may be your best strategy.

Silent Disapproval Robot

You can get a 17% discount at Fanatical if you use the code FANATICAL17 at checkout.

My friends have been bugging me to buy it.  I was about to order it but I checked the Steam forums first.  Sounds like there are issues with rebinding controls over to the numpad so it's a no-go for me at this point.

Gusington

'Trivial' difficulty setting I love that  :ROFL:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Skoop on March 09, 2024, 12:50:53 PMSaw a vid of guys doing solo as stealth.  They were show casing the stealth mechanics.  It seems that if you just can't get a group going and have to go solo, stealth may be your best strategy.

I solo all the time and stealth is not in my strategy book. I'm guns blazing, but you've got to be smart about it. Against the bugs, you need to be tactical. Strike from a position of advantage. Fall back and lay down fire as they advance. Use technology to your advantage. As I previously noted, I use a drone armed with a laser and sentry turrets to cover my flanks and rear as I either work on accomplishing objectives, or as I assault bug holes.

The Automatons are definitely tougher. I've only gone on about three or four missions against them. They use rockets and other kinetic and explosive weapons so they definitely require different tactics. I do avoid certain fights and patrols against them.  I have something like 90,000 total kills, and of those, about 89,000 are bugs. 

Solo is 100% absolutely doable, and as I noted, sometimes, I actually prefer it. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 09, 2024, 06:55:17 PMstealth is not in my strategy book. I'm guns blazing,

Pretty sure if your reply said anything else, it'd be the equivalent of blinking "HELP ME I'VE BEEN KIDNAPPED" in morse code!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 09, 2024, 11:53:57 AMThank you will certainly check it out

Do I have you on my steam friends list? What's your Steam name? I'll hop into one of your games.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18