World warfare and economics early access dec 21

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 14, 2023, 06:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

I am sure this will disappoint, but what the heck...hoping someday a good political game like this gets released, but doubt this will be it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1700300/World_Warfare__Economics/

Old TImer

I'm a sucker for these kinds of games and yep I'm invariably disappointed.
I finally broke the fever of buying Geopolitical Simulator <current year>
this year.  So I'll keep on eye on this for sure.

Old TImer

Yeah I just read the dev logs and apparantly you can explore other planets and conquer the universe.  I'll pass

SirAndrewD

Quote from: gregb41352 on December 16, 2023, 08:42:29 PMYeah I just read the dev logs and apparantly you can explore other planets and conquer the universe.  I'll pass

Dafuq?

Why can no one actually take this premise and make it work?
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Grim.Reaper

The fact they included universe stuff wouldn't be the only reason I would not buy the game, especially if somehow integrated well, although odd choice for sure, at least in base game.

With that said, I still suspect the overall game will fall short altogether regardless of that so my expectations are still very low, the cost would have to be fairly cheap for me to try it out...only info on price is they didn't think it would be more than $30.  Saw a stream and nothing changed my mind, although the streamer was a bit annoying so had to skip around quite a bit.

Grim.Reaper

Game released for $29.99....too skeptical at the moment to invest in it, will monitor feedback and see how things go.  Overall reviews are "positive", although they are from people who tested it and/or people who only played a small amount of time, which I have no idea how anyone can review a game that is supposed to be deep and provide accurate feedback yet.

Jarhead0331

I think I'm going to give it a shot. I like what I'm seeing. It has some really unique mechanics with markets, arms sales, manufacturing and licensing of equipment and systems. I also like the depth of the OOBs and I've always been intrigued by the concept of exploring, colonizing and fighting over other worlds.

There is a pretty detailed roadmap out there for development with a lot of cool features, if they can pull it off it could be a really great game.

I'm going into this with my eyes wide open. Its very early access and there are reports of a lot of things being glitchy or non-functional. Still, word on the street is that the developer is very involved with the community and transparent. I was surprised to find that the developer is actually US based in Philadelphia, PA.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Tripoli

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 21, 2023, 11:26:42 AMI think I'm going to give it a shot. I like what I'm seeing. It has some really unique mechanics with markets, arms sales, manufacturing and licensing of equipment and systems. I also like the depth of the OOBs and I've always been intrigued by the concept of exploring, colonizing and fighting over other worlds.

There is a pretty detailed roadmap out there for development with a lot of cool features, if they can pull it off it could be a really great game.

I'm going into this with my eyes wide open. Its very early access and there are reports of a lot of things being glitchy or non-functional. Still, word on the street is that the developer is very involved with the community and transparent. I was surprised to find that the developer is actually US based in Philadelphia, PA.

Oh, Hell.  I resisted until I saw this.  I am such a wuss....  Purchased
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Grim.Reaper

Wow....more to provide feedback:)

I saw the roadmap and such just feeling a bit ambitious for indie developer so skeptical it will reach its goals but wishing the best

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Ian C

Old TImer

I got it as well. Probably won't install it yet but keeping my eye on the very
ambitious roadmap. If they can put it off, amazing game.  But certainly worth supporting.

Grim.Reaper

Everyone continues to tempt me, sounds like a hotfix going in later today to fix a number of things.  Reading the forums, the things that are mainly holding me back is saving issues and it appears to run very hot on GPUs, although possibly turning down some of the settings might help.  If those two things addressed, might jump in sooner than I expected:)

Ian C

At this point it's an early access support-the-dev buy-in only. From the roadmap it'll be around June before most of the major features are done, but I assume before then it'll get to be in working order. The current GPU 100% usage bug concerns me.

Having looked at the game in-depth, it has some really quite impressive features. If all the systems get put into place and it works, this could be a game-changer for geopolitical sims.