Kerbal Space Agency - Advancing technology today, for a better tomorrow.

Started by Jarhead0331, September 25, 2012, 08:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Pinetree

With KSP, failure is not only an option, it's mandatory.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Kushan

Did a few tutorial missions tonight. I managed to run my orbiter out of fuel and crash it into the planet during the orbit tutorial. The construction and launch tutorials seemed simple enough. See how I do when its not a tutorial.

Took a quick look at some mods as well. I'm shocked at how many their are. Anyone have any recommendations on must have mods?
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

son_of_montfort

Quote from: steve58 on March 20, 2013, 03:48:26 PM
^Excellent...sounds like current owners will be able to get Steam keys.  Hopefully this will make updating/patching a bit easier as well...

The latest patch added an autopatcher, but it isn't as easy as Steam's system.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

steve58

Quote from: Kushan on March 21, 2013, 11:28:29 PM
Did a few tutorial missions tonight. I managed to run my orbiter out of fuel and crash it into the planet during the orbit tutorial. The construction and launch tutorials seemed simple enough. See how I do when its not a tutorial.

Took a quick look at some mods as well. I'm shocked at how many their are. Anyone have any recommendations on must have mods?

If you're into the rocket aspect of KSP (vs the space plane) I'd recommend either KW Rocketry or NovaPunch.  Both mods add lots more parts for rocket building.  Due to the number of parts in the mods, KSP will take longer to start so you may only want to use one of the mods.  And since it is "rocket science" ::), I like to use MechJeb, a "flight assistant autopilot".  I figure if the NASA astronauts needed computers and ground control assist for their missions, I can use MechJeb for mine :P
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bob48

Just got this installed today, and it sure is fun. As Jh said earlier, it has put a complex subject into a format that makes it understandable, and that's not an easy thing to do.

I have not quite managed to get anything into space just yet, but its a lot of fun trying. Lets hope it continues to develop.

'Clip those corners'

Longdan

digni enim sunt interdicunt

bob48

lol - nope, I didn't give in as such. It was gifted to me by two very good pals.

'Clip those corners'

Longdan

digni enim sunt interdicunt

bob48

I'm seriously crap at this game. Could do with some better guides other than the basic tutorials.....

'Clip those corners'

steve58

^I found this one on Orbital Mechanics helpful....and there are several more tutorials on Youtube.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Nefaro

Quote from: bob48 on March 25, 2013, 10:17:56 AM
I'm seriously crap at this game. Could do with some better guides other than the basic tutorials.....

Lots of YouTube video tutorials, and vids in general, on the gameplay.  Fun to watch other people doing stuff (and making it look easy).