Author Topic: The Groginati Sales Thread  (Read 1073415 times)

Online bobarossa

• Viking
  • Master of Oreos
Re: The Groginati Sales Thread
« Reply #6195 on: June 11, 2021, 05:21:14 PM »
Ok I started drinking (beer) about 20 minutes ago and made the mistake of perusing the GOG sale...somebody stop me
I'd never try stopping you drinking beer so you must mean perusing GoG games.  I just put Hegemony III in my cart but haven't pulled to trigger.  I enjoyed the first one but got distracted by the next shiny game and never got back to it.  Just like I bought Wizards and Warlords last week and may not get around to playing until the dev is done with it.

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #6196 on: June 11, 2021, 05:26:56 PM »
^I'm rocking all out to Soundgarden and still perusing. You sir are an enabler!! I too have a Hegemony game in my cart! (Hegemony Wars of Ancient Greece).
"I'm not even dead and I'm rolling over in my grave."

- Toonces

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #6197 on: June 11, 2021, 06:45:05 PM »
Listen to this code!
All the titles of your games?
Only a haiku.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline Toonces

• Global Moderator
  • Arquebusier
  • Yvan eht nioj!
« Reply #6198 on: June 11, 2021, 06:55:32 PM »
I'm pretty sure I saw Battle Brothers on there.  I had never even considered it until Al's post.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Offline al_infierno

• Man-at-Arms
  • Giudecca in the hell of unknowing
« Reply #6199 on: June 11, 2021, 08:55:39 PM »
^ Well worth checking out, awesome tactical battles and great emergent sandbox storytelling.  It's basically like Mount and Blade but with tactical combat, and the worlds are procedurally generated but I'm always fairly impressed with how they turn out.  The game is hard as balls so consider trying it on Beginner first.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 08:59:34 PM by al_infierno »
It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #6200 on: June 12, 2021, 12:40:32 PM »
So in my cart @ GOG I now have:

- Comanche vs.  Hokum 1.19
- GreedFall 16.99
- Observer 20.99
- A Plague Tale 11.24
- Hegemony Gold, Wars of Ancient Greece 3.74
- Ghostrunner 14.99

Total: 69.14

No doubt I will take a few out of the cart and also check out Battle Brothers...
"I'm not even dead and I'm rolling over in my grave."

- Toonces

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #6201 on: June 12, 2021, 07:47:16 PM »
Does it pass the test?
"Comanche versus Hokum":
seven syllables.  :hide: >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #6202 on: June 12, 2021, 07:48:57 PM »
Hegemony Gold...
(Comanche versus Hokum)
...Wars of Ancient Greece.

:bd:

Offline Mike Brough

• Hoplite
« Reply #6203 on: June 16, 2021, 03:29:46 AM »
JTS has 25% off most games again.

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
« Reply #6204 on: June 25, 2021, 12:29:25 PM »
GOG has the classic Emperor of the Fading Suns on sale for $4.19.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline Staggerwing

• Blunderbuster
  • "Today your love... tomorrow the World!"
« Reply #6205 on: June 25, 2021, 08:37:55 PM »
GOG has the classic Emperor of the Fading Suns on sale for $4.19.

Thanks- I still have an original boxed copy with floppies. Now I have a digital one as well.
Vituđ ér enn - eđa hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
« Reply #6206 on: June 26, 2021, 03:16:58 PM »
Fanatical has Distant Worlds Universe for $5.99 for the next ~17 hours.  Great deal if you don't already have it.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline Uberhaus

• Equites
« Reply #6207 on: June 26, 2021, 05:52:02 PM »
How well does Emperor of the Fading Suns work on Win 10?

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #6208 on: June 26, 2021, 05:58:39 PM »
How well does Emperor of the Fading Suns work on Win 10?

It runs just fine in Win10.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline Uberhaus

• Equites
« Reply #6209 on: June 26, 2021, 06:05:27 PM »
Thank you.