Main Menu

New Sim City

Started by Zulu1966, December 20, 2012, 03:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu1966

"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

steve58

I wasn't happy with the $60 price tag, but this makes it a no-buy no-brainer...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

FlickJax

not good, the world is not just about sodding multiplayer thats for sure.

Martok

Quote from: Zulu1966 on December 20, 2012, 03:25:57 PM
Do they never learn ?
Apparently not. 

Quote from: steve58 on December 20, 2012, 03:48:42 PM
I wasn't happy with the $60 price tag, but this makes it a no-buy no-brainer...
Always-on DRM makes it a no-brainer regardless of the price point.  Given what's happened in the past, I'm mystified by EA's continued insistence on using this crap; it's hard to believe even they would be that stupid (although they obviously are). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

son_of_montfort

I will be the voice of dissent here.

JOIN 2013 YOU LUDDITES!  ;D :P

Kidding... but I will be buying. Although I am not happy about the extra cost for the French cities.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Arctic Blast

Yep, I'm most likely in as well. The mode of play that was the most interesting to me was playing in a world surrounded by the cities of other players anyway, so it's all good.

jomni

I'm buying this despite being an Origin game.  Not too bothered by it.

Yskonyn

Quote from: jomni on December 21, 2012, 01:09:09 AM
I'm buying this despite being an Origin game.  Not too bothered by it.

Weren't you one of the more vocal ones AGAINST such DRM schemes in the past? (Just an honest question)
What happened to make you change your stance?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jomni

Nope I wasn't.  Must be another guy. 
I have always been an avid Steam user.   Only DRM I avoid is Starforce.

Father Ted

* Stands up* I'm Father Ted and I'm a Steam user *sits down*

I did read bad things about Origin though, and I think in reliable media, to the extent that I wouldn't let my kid install BF3 on his PC, because we're networked.  He got it on XBox - I'm not a total tyrant.  I'm not usually a tin-foil hat wearer (happy enough with Steam, RoF's DRM and buying from Battlefront), so am I being OTT about Origin?

bayonetbrant

Quote from: son_of_montfort on December 20, 2012, 05:37:46 PM
Although I am not happy about the extra cost for the French cities.

That's because they have to buy them back from the Germans, and just pass the cost on to you
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Mr. Bigglesworth

I will be the voice of dissent here.

JOIN 2013 YOU LUDDITES!  ;D :P

Kidding... but I will be buying. Although I am not happy about the extra cost for the French cities.

Be a lemming.

I choose to play online or offline. No customer control is no customer.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

son_of_montfort

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 21, 2012, 11:12:07 AM
Although I am not happy about the extra cost for the French cities.

That's because they have to buy them back from the Germans, and just pass the cost on to you

There was a time when this was reversed, mon frere. I'm thinking around 1806-1812.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Father Ted on December 21, 2012, 10:43:21 AM
* Stands up* I'm Father Ted and I'm a Steam user *sits down*

I did read bad things about Origin though, and I think in reliable media, to the extent that I wouldn't let my kid install BF3 on his PC, because we're networked.  He got it on XBox - I'm not a total tyrant.  I'm not usually a tin-foil hat wearer (happy enough with Steam, RoF's DRM and buying from Battlefront), so am I being OTT about Origin?

A lot of the claims being made online were pretty quickly refuted. Actually, Origin's not a bad client at all. It doesn't have nearly the features list of Steam, but it's also pretty damn fast.

Longdan

I have had nothing but trouble with Origin.
It is obtuse to say the least.
digni enim sunt interdicunt