Main Menu

New Sim City

Started by Zulu1966, December 20, 2012, 03:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Quote from: steve58 on February 26, 2013, 02:22:23 PM
Thanks for the replies.  Doesn't look like there is a recent demo.  I've not owned/played any of the Cities versions so was willing to maybe give it a shot, but I'm seeing bad reviews (buggy, memory leak, lack of dev support).  Guess I'll wait and see how the world feels about the new SimCity to see if its worth getting even with the always on DRM...

Well, I'll add that if you can find CitiesXL 2011 or 2012 for a low price, you'll get Platinum for 85% off, making that 3 bucks.
I've seen 2011 for as low as 3 bucks on the netz. So that would make Platinum total at 6 bucks or so, including the cheap purchase of 2011.
It's definately worth the 6 bucks. :P
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Martok

Quote from: Bison on February 26, 2013, 12:52:20 PM
The new Sims is going to require that you are connected to the internet.  Surprisingly that has been little discussed here.
Probably because, with all the back-and-forth we've had regarding "always online" DRM the last couple years, there's really not much to discuss.  Those that don't care about that requirement will get the game, while those that dislike such schemes (such as myself) will not. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces