Score...simply, score...

Started by Toonces, February 25, 2012, 03:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Yes!

So, we moved into a much smaller house here in Hawaii.  I have been fortunate enough to snatch the tiny "family room" as a sort of office, but it has to double as a guest room.  Anyway, my huge L-shaped office desk, plus aquarium, plus bookcases, just aren't leaving enough room to put a futon couch in here.  We found the couch we want, but the only way it will fit is to downsize my computer desk significantly

I'm sitting here sipping my coffee, browsing SimHQ and, somehow I had this epiphany.  I remember this thread...about this sim cockpit...not too much money...small footprint...

Could this work?  Could it be possible to pull this off?

"Honey, come in here.  I want you to take a look at something....remember when we were talking about me getting a smaller desk for the guest room?  Well, how about this?"  <points to Obutto gaming desk set up> 

"It's small and would really look better in here, don't you think?"

(Honey): "Sure, as long as we can get that cool couch!"

(Me):  "Ok, sounds good!"  <in head, "SCORE!">

Stoked!

http://www.obutto.com/gallery.html

I've wanted to set up something like this for so long. 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

I tell you, this has been a great couple of weeks for me.  First the new computer and now this.  I cannot wait to get all of this set up....should coincide with the winter surf season winding down so I'll be able to focus on gaming without being distracted. 

Really, all I have to do now is score a TM Warthog HOTAS and I guess I can just check out of the real world and get on with being a virtual fighter pilot full time!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

jomni

Really nice, ergonomic and saves space...
One catch, it costs a bomb and the (my) wife may not approve.  8)

Steelgrave

Quote from: Toonces on February 25, 2012, 03:51:27 PM
I tell you, this has been a great couple of weeks for me.  First the new computer and now this.  I cannot wait to get all of this set up....should coincide with the winter surf season winding down so I'll be able to focus on gaming without being distracted. 

Really, all I have to do now is score a TM Warthog HOTAS and I guess I can just check out of the real world and get on with being a virtual fighter pilot full time!

You get your Paladin yet, Toonces? We ordered about the same time, I think. Mine is assembled and undergoing testing now, I'm hoping for a nice delivery next week.

Toonces

Negative.  The last email I got was just that they received my order, and they'd let me know when they started "gathering the parts".  I haven't received that email yet.