Author Topic: GOG summer sale: whach ya gettin  (Read 7606 times)

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
Re: GOG summer sale: whach ya gettin
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2013, 10:16:22 AM »
I played and reviewed both when they were new. I liked Cossacks a lot more than American Conquest. Haven't played either in 10+ years, so I wonder how they hold up... 
"I'm not even dead and I'm rolling over in my grave."

- Toonces

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2013, 04:18:32 PM »
I remember hearing a lot of good things about Cossacks 2 (and its sequel/updates), not so much about American Conquest for some reason which puzzles me as they're the same engine. (Then again the same devs wrote a WW1 game with the same engine, too, and it got pasted in the reviews. But we're talking about the same basic time period and military tactics for the other two games... ???)

I picked up the AmConq and Coss packages all together at GoG a few weeks back. Haven't played them yet. I seem to be too busy buying games (or rebuying them in those cases!) to play them...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2013, 07:25:18 PM »
Cossacks was just better put together. American Conquest was chaotic for me. I felt I had more control in Cossacks...never played Cossacks II.
"I'm not even dead and I'm rolling over in my grave."

- Toonces