GOG summer sale: whach ya gettin

Started by -budd-, June 19, 2013, 12:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Curious to learn what people are getting or looking at getting during GOG sale. Just about the whole library is on sale.

Here's what i'm looking at[it seems like i'm in an FP mood and playing games that end]
it ends July 6th so i have time to talk myself out of some of these.

DEUX EX 1 GOTY
THIEF 1&2 [they just released a new installer today with the latest new dark renderer]
IMPERIALISM 2
PAINKILLER BLACK
STRONGHOLD CRUSADER HD
FARCRY 1
CLIVE BARKER'S UNDYING

the only ones for sure right now are deus ex and thief 1&2, in fact i'm downloading a new texture pack for deus ex right now :) and haven't bought the game yet.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Tinkershuffle

Rayfer

I may finally break down and get The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition (whatever that means)....it's $5.99 today.  I really enjoyed the first Witcher but this one seemed to get mixed reviews, but at that price I could skip lunch and break even for the day.

Ha...Tinkershuffle, we posted our notes at the same time.  Good luck with the game.

Tinkershuffle

You too. :) I'm scared to install it though because of the total neglect of real life duties it will bring along for a couple of weeks..

JasonPratt

I'm thinking of picking up the Freespace games and Independence War 2 along with IL2-Stormovik.

(I kind of feel like flying a bit. :) )

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

Silent Storm 2
Witcher 2
Spycraft the Great Game

PanzersEast

Even though I don't need any of these... nor do I think I will finish these, but I will purchase anyway......

Probably:
Evil Genius
Signal Ops
UnEpic

Considering:
Miasmata

PE

Kushan

Even with all the games I have on my plates at the moment, I bought....

King of Dragon Pass
Planetscape Torment

I'm really tempted to get the wing commander, commando, and imperialism series. But I already have a ton of games in my back log......on second thought, who am I kidding I'm going to break down and get them anyway......
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

PanzersEast

Quote from: Kushan on June 19, 2013, 02:29:56 PM
Even with all the games I have on my plates at the moment, I bought....

King of Dragon Pass
Planetscape Torment

I'm really tempted to get the wing commander, commando, and imperialism series. But I already have a ton of games in my back log......on second thought, who am I kidding I'm going to break down and get them anyway......

King of Dragon Pass is a Great game... highly recommended.

PE

Longdan

I think with 76 games I have all the ones i think i want from GOG right this minute.
Some have aged poorly but some are still great games for dirt cheap.
Maybe I will get a few more just because...
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Darkspire

Gave up on GOG sadly. I bought Alpha Centauri at Christmas as it was just under 3 pounds (English pounds) problem was there was a hidden charge, they deny it was them and the bank are saying the same, think it was the currency translation, I ended up with it costing near double the price, still not a lot when you look at it but it is not what I read the original price as so am reluctant to buy anything else, shame as there a few on there that I would not mind getting, I have the originals but have to juggle DOS or some other magic to get them working, so getting the GOG versions would be great.

Darkspire
Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.

Tpek

I currently bought myself System Shock 2 and Great Battles Collection

Longdan

Quote from: Darkspire on June 19, 2013, 03:31:11 PM
Gave up on GOG sadly. I bought Alpha Centauri at Christmas as it was just under 3 pounds (English pounds) problem was there was a hidden charge, they deny it was them and the bank are saying the same, think it was the currency translation, I ended up with it costing near double the price, still not a lot when you look at it but it is not what I read the original price as so am reluctant to buy anything else, shame as there a few on there that I would not mind getting, I have the originals but have to juggle DOS or some other magic to get them working, so getting the GOG versions would be great.

Darkspire

I am sad to hear that.  I have had very little trouble with GOG.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Jack Nastyface

Anyone have comments about Signal Ops?  The artwork looks great!

I may purchase Caesar III for some nostalgic fun...or maybe B-17?  Or perhaps Comanche Vs Hokum?
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Arctic Blast

I'm probably going to pass. Sure, I could buy a pile of games...that I would never, ever get around to playing. Not much point to that, really.