GOG summer sale: whach ya gettin

Started by -budd-, June 19, 2013, 12:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longdan

Quote from: Arctic Blast on June 19, 2013, 05:23:48 PM
I'm probably going to pass. Sure, I could buy a pile of games...that I would never, ever get around to playing. Not much point to that, really.

Who the Honk are you?  Talking like that.  It is like Mount Everest or Pam Anderson.  You wait in line and then just do it because they are there.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

bbmike

Quote from: Longdan on June 19, 2013, 06:26:53 PM
I'm probably going to pass. Sure, I could buy a pile of games...that I would never, ever get around to playing. Not much point to that, really.

Who the Honk are you?  Talking like that.  It is like Mount Everest or Pam Anderson.  You wait in line and then just do it because they are there.

And on a side note, when will we get more emoticon options on this site?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

Quote from: airboy on June 19, 2013, 01:11:21 PM
Silent Storm 2
Witcher 2
Spycraft the Great Game

Bought them.  Another brick in the wall of games I don't have time to play.
But at least it was less than $14 total.

Nefaro

Sparhawk

King of Dragon Pass
Gothic III
Fallout
Fallout II

Jarhead0331

Cossacks Anthology
American Conquest: Fight Back!
FTL
System Shock 2
Signal Ops
Conquest of the New World
Conquest: Frontier Ops
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Nefaro on June 19, 2013, 10:16:19 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 19, 2013, 09:55:57 PM

FTL

You didn't have FTL yet?  I'm shocked!

I know. Me too.  There was something that just made me hesitate. I think the feeling that it would get repetitive.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

PanzersEast

Quote from: Jack Nastyface on June 19, 2013, 04:46:22 PM
Anyone have comments about Signal Ops?  The artwork looks great!

I may purchase Caesar III for some nostalgic fun...or maybe B-17?  Or perhaps Comanche Vs Hokum?

I would suggest Comanche vs Hokum + Apache vs Havoc and then download the community mod http://eechcentral.simhq.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

B-17 is very good game, however the gunner controls are very awkward, but still a good game and nothing out there like it.

PE

Toonces

Oh man am I glad I clicked on this thread.  There are several games you guys mentioned that I forgot about or didn't even know were on there.

Clive Barker's Undying is a sure bet- that's a very scary game but I can't get it to run from CD anymore.

And I forgot about that Ancient Battles collection- gotta grab that too...stat!

So far I bought Panzer Elite, Gothic 2 and some other Gothic game, Gothic complete or something like that.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Sweet!  So I got Undying and Great Battles for a cool 6 clams total and I'm installing now!  W00t!   ;D
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Longdan on June 19, 2013, 06:26:53 PM

;D   HA! Nope, I got off that train. No more stocking up on things I might never play.

Huw the Poo

I'm with you, Arctic.  As tempting as this sale is, I really don't need any more games.  I already have enough that I've barely touched that would last until the end of my life.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 20, 2013, 12:54:23 AM
I'm with you, Arctic.  As tempting as this sale is, I really don't need any more games.  I already have enough that I've barely touched that would last until the end of my life.

I'm limiting my purchases to games that I am really, REALLY big on.

Nefaro

Quote from: Jack Nastyface on June 19, 2013, 04:46:22 PM

I may purchase Caesar III for some nostalgic fun...or maybe B-17?  Or perhaps Comanche Vs Hokum?

Did you ever get the Zeus & Poseidon set from GOG?  It's the last of the series from which Caesar III came, set in classical Greece of course.  I was impressed with how far they took the 2D city builder with that one... and there's even a hi-res & widescreen mod out there for it.