Main Menu

Civ 5 worth $4

Started by Grim.Reaper, January 31, 2012, 05:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Title says it all....chance to get for this price today only so wondering if worth it.

bayonetbrant

personally, I like Civ V sooooo much better than IV, so for me this would be a total no-brainer.  That said, apparently, I'm in the minority, as most people I've mentioned that to think I"m completely mental.

I say 'go for it' - it's a fantastic game that does a great job of carrying on the Civ name.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Jarhead0331

Yes...that is a no-brainer.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Greybriar

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 31, 2012, 05:51:27 AM
Title says it all....chance to get for this price today only so wondering if worth it.
Where can you buy Civ5 for $4?
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Centurion40

Yeah!  $4!!!!  Hey-zeus marimba!!!
Any time is a good time for pie.

Grim.Reaper

Amazon download for 8.99 then I have $5 off from holiday coupons for purchasing amazon games during the holiday... Today is last day for it

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 31, 2012, 10:41:53 AM
Amazon download for 8.99 then I have $5 off from holiday coupons for purchasing amazon games during the holiday... Today is last day for it

Get it! I wholly agree with the above. Also, there are some fun mods for it.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Greybriar

Thanks for the information, Grim.Reaper.

Here's the link if anyone else is interested.

Amazon also sells the Civilization V Game of the Year Edition for $40 U.S. It comes with:
    Civilization Pack: Babylon
    All 4 'Cradle of Civilization' Map Packs (Mesopotamia, Asia, The Mediterranean and The Americas)
    Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca
    Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia
    Civilization and Scenario Pack: Denmark - The Vikings
    Explorer's Map Pack
    Official digital soundtrack
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Bison

If you're Steam adverse, I'd check just to make sure that the Amazon doesn't require it.  I have a feeling that it does since IIRC CIV V is a Steamworks game.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Bison on January 31, 2012, 01:54:53 PM
If you're Steam adverse, I'd check just to make sure that the Amazon doesn't require it.  I have a feeling that it does since IIRC CIV V is a Steamworks game.

It does. All copies of Civ V require Steam, AFAIK.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Bison

Quote from: son_of_montfort on January 31, 2012, 02:34:05 PM

Stop agreeing with me SoM.  It's starting to freak me out!

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Bison on January 31, 2012, 02:36:20 PM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on January 31, 2012, 02:34:05 PM

Stop agreeing with me SoM.  It's starting to freak me out!

FASCIST!

That's the answer to 28 down of the crossword you are doing, "seven-letter word for a member of a repressive regime." (Shamelessly stolen from Hot Fuzz, one of the greatest movies ever)

- Stephen Colbert

- Stephen Colbert

Grim.Reaper

Ended up buying...now just need to find time to play it.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 31, 2012, 05:52:41 PM
Ended up buying...now just need to find time to play it.

my problem is finding the time to stop playing  ;D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers