"The" Holidays Game Sale Damage Thread

Started by -budd-, November 27, 2013, 11:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Nefaro on December 23, 2013, 09:29:50 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 23, 2013, 08:22:29 PM
Just bought Picket Duty, Attack Wing, and Swing States 2012 off of Amazon for moi. More damage but I'm happy about getting one of the last copies of Picket Duty!

Is Picket Duty sold out already?!

Glad I picked one up.  I've been flipping out about such short tabletop game runs that they seem to go out of print in no time these days.  I've tried to grab some of the ones I wanted while the gettin' was good.  :-\

There weren't many left when I grabbed it off Amazon. I want to say it was the last one but I just double checked and I was wrong, there were six left. Now there's five.  ;)

I thought there was only one left of something I ordered of the three, but it seems they each have a handful still left. Like you I had to grab it while I could.

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 23, 2013, 08:07:21 PM
Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on December 23, 2013, 08:02:26 PM
Ok then, let's add another $24.99 for the WOFF skin pack. Total damage is $120 now. Still need to add those two Scourge of War titles, though.

I've been good all year, so it's ok to splurge a little at the end of the year, right?  :P

Considering this myself....did it add a lot in your opinion?

Don't know yet, Grim, but I expect it will add a lot more immersion. Anyhow, when I decide to go "all in" on a game, I tend to buy all the DLC(which the exception of the semi-fantasy "field mods" of RoF).

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on December 24, 2013, 11:09:22 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 23, 2013, 08:07:21 PM
Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on December 23, 2013, 08:02:26 PM
Ok then, let's add another $24.99 for the WOFF skin pack. Total damage is $120 now. Still need to add those two Scourge of War titles, though.

I've been good all year, so it's ok to splurge a little at the end of the year, right?  :P

Considering this myself....did it add a lot in your opinion?

Don't know yet, Grim, but I expect it will add a lot more immersion. Anyhow, when I decide to go "all in" on a game, I tend to buy all the DLC(which the exception of the semi-fantasy "field mods" of RoF).

Gotcha...thanks...I have to imagine it adding a lot, if you fly a lot since it puts in thousands of new skins you should see in your missions.  Will likely pick up soon.

Grim.Reaper

Adding more to the list

$9 Title Bout Boxing
.80 Sid Meir's Pacific Game
$8 Walking Dead
$11 Splinter Cell Blacklist Deluxe Version (kind of surprised to find it this cheap)
$5 Tomb Raider
$2 Aliens: Colonial Marines (what the heck for $2, nice little time waster)

BanzaiCat

I grabbed Title Bout on the ipad for 1.99. Can't wait to try it.

Wanted to get Panzer Corps for $20, but the in app purchases totaling $60 or more is insane, so that's off the radar.

Also broke down and bought Pacific Skies for $2.99 on the ipad even though I have it on the PC...I'm weak.

Still looking through the store...

KyzBP

In yet another moment of weakness, I added FM14 ($25) and Ace Patrol Pacific ($2.50) to my ever expanding inventory.

Nefaro

Quote from: KyzBP on December 25, 2013, 08:59:07 PM
In yet another moment of weakness, I added FM14 ($25) and..

I've been wondering if Football Manager '14 has added an MLS draft feature in it's Classic Mode yet.

I just don't enjoy all the touchy-feely primadonna crap in the regular mode, so Classic is the one for me.  But a sports manager game with no draft, but automated computer picks in their stead is missing some of the fun.  :-\

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on December 26, 2013, 12:16:47 AM
Quote from: KyzBP on December 25, 2013, 08:59:07 PM
In yet another moment of weakness, I added FM14 ($25) and..

I've been wondering if Football Manager '14 has added an MLS draft feature in it's Classic Mode yet.

I just don't enjoy all the touchy-feely primadonna crap in the regular mode, so Classic is the one for me.  But a sports manager game with no draft, but automated computer picks in their stead is missing some of the fun.  :-\

On sale at GMG today for $20.  Don't know if they added any draft stuff, to be honest don't know the sport well enough, but considering picking it up anyways.

Code GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/e...-manager-2014/

KyzBP

Nefro- I plan on checking it out today.  I'll let you know about the draft.  My favorite way of playing is to go into the editor and create a fictional team in England's lowest league.  The team is completely empty except for an Assistant Manager.  I then build the team by signing the dregs that no one else wanted.  There's no better way of instantly immersing yourself.

Grim- Anything and everything I know about soccer(football), I learned from FM.  I accidentally bought one in 99 or 2000 thinking it was an American Football manager game.  I haven't regretted it at all.  This series is so well done.  I only wish these guys would do an American Football version.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: KyzBP on December 26, 2013, 08:17:37 AM
Nefro- I plan on checking it out today.  I'll let you know about the draft.  My favorite way of playing is to go into the editor and create a fictional team in England's lowest league.  The team is completely empty except for an Assistant Manager.  I then build the team by signing the dregs that no one else wanted.  There's no better way of instantly immersing yourself.

Grim- Anything and everything I know about soccer(football), I learned from FM.  I accidentally bought one in 99 or 2000 thinking it was an American Football manager game.  I haven't regretted it at all.  This series is so well done.  I only wish these guys would do an American Football version.

Thanks...I have played the prior versions and the management/presentation is top notch.....so just a matter of me ever figuring out the football lingo (loans, transfers, tactics, etc.)....I did buy it this morning, so I am willing to give it a shot for $20 again:)

KyzBP

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 26, 2013, 08:23:05 AM

Thanks...I have played the prior versions and the management/presentation is top notch.....so just a matter of me ever figuring out the football lingo (loans, transfers, tactics, etc.)....I did buy it this morning, so I am willing to give it a shot for $20 again:)

I thought I was getting a deal at $25.  There's, honestly, a year's worth of game play there.  You'd be hard pressed to find a better way to spend $20.

fran

Was thinking of buying Europa Universalis IV, but with all DLC it comes to £29 on Steam. Taking in account I've got more than enough new games to play, plus I'm happy with playing CK2, I'll wait a bit until it drops a bit more.

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 26, 2013, 08:23:05 AM

The in-game manual & help files make it easy to learn the basics.  Much of the rules & deals are actually quite simple compared to some American sports. 

Grim.Reaper

Thanks guys...hope to get some time in with it over the weekend.

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 26, 2013, 05:52:57 PM
Thanks guys...hope to get some time in with it over the weekend.

Start playing with Classic Mode.  It lets you get down to the essentials and cuts out some of the extra crap that (IMO) doesn't add much to the fun.