"The" Holidays Game Sale Damage Thread

Started by -budd-, November 27, 2013, 11:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Not really a sale damage, but I did just drop a little Xmas money on the DayZ stand alone on Steam. 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

KyzBP

Quote from: Nefaro on December 26, 2013, 03:37:13 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 26, 2013, 08:23:05 AM
Quote from: KyzBP on December 26, 2013, 08:17:37 AM
Nefro- I plan on checking it out today.  I'll let you know about the draft.  My favorite way of playing is to go into the editor and create a fictional team in England's lowest league.  The team is completely empty except for an Assistant Manager.  I then build the team by signing the dregs that no one else wanted.  There's no better way of instantly immersing yourself.

Grim- Anything and everything I know about soccer(football), I learned from FM.  I accidentally bought one in 99 or 2000 thinking it was an American Football manager game.  I haven't regretted it at all.  This series is so well done.  I only wish these guys would do an American Football version.

Thanks...I have played the prior versions and the management/presentation is top notch.....so just a matter of me ever figuring out the football lingo (loans, transfers, tactics, etc.)....I did buy it this morning, so I am willing to give it a shot for $20 again:)

The in-game manual & help files make it easy to learn the basics.  Much of the rules & deals are actually quite simple compared to some American sports.

After taking it for a spin for a few hours, I have to say it looks great.  I really like the way they've used Steam to add mods to the game.  I haven't got to the game engine yet but I really like what I see so far.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: KyzBP on December 26, 2013, 08:58:27 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 26, 2013, 03:37:13 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 26, 2013, 08:23:05 AM
Quote from: KyzBP on December 26, 2013, 08:17:37 AM
Nefro- I plan on checking it out today.  I'll let you know about the draft.  My favorite way of playing is to go into the editor and create a fictional team in England's lowest league.  The team is completely empty except for an Assistant Manager.  I then build the team by signing the dregs that no one else wanted.  There's no better way of instantly immersing yourself.

Grim- Anything and everything I know about soccer(football), I learned from FM.  I accidentally bought one in 99 or 2000 thinking it was an American Football manager game.  I haven't regretted it at all.  This series is so well done.  I only wish these guys would do an American Football version.

Thanks...I have played the prior versions and the management/presentation is top notch.....so just a matter of me ever figuring out the football lingo (loans, transfers, tactics, etc.)....I did buy it this morning, so I am willing to give it a shot for $20 again:)

The in-game manual & help files make it easy to learn the basics.  Much of the rules & deals are actually quite simple compared to some American sports.

After taking it for a spin for a few hours, I have to say it looks great.  I really like the way they've used Steam to add mods to the game.  I haven't got to the game engine yet but I really like what I see so far.

The presentation is awesome and the match gameplay is really good.....can't wait to dive into this deeper.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Toonces on December 26, 2013, 07:36:33 PM
Not really a sale damage, but I did just drop a little Xmas money on the DayZ stand alone on Steam.

I just gave in as well. It's D/Ling on my gaming rig as we speak. I really hope the standalone will actually allow me to play more than a few minutes at a time, unlike the mod. As far as the whole 'get it in alpha while it's cheap' thing goes I can't imagine any game like this costing $60 bucks on Steam so I've already resigned myself to seeing it released at close to what I just paid (or even less a month later).  ::)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

I doubt it will sell for much more than it's current price or maybe a few bucks more.  Really I bought it now because I want to play it now, not to get some sort of deal. 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

Finally finished blowing through $50 worth of iTunes credit, grabbed several board games for my ipad including Ticket to Ride (US and Europe), Agricola, Lords of Waterdeep, and Alien Encounters. Also got a cool little Space Shuttle landing sim for $0.99 called F-Sim Shuttle.

-budd-

Quote from: -budd- on December 22, 2013, 06:11:35 PM
Quote from: -budd- on December 21, 2013, 03:47:39 PM
Quote from: -budd- on December 20, 2013, 02:51:28 PM
Quote from: -budd- on December 10, 2013, 11:04:10 PM
I added Sir you are being hunted and Call of juarez gunslinger to my total.
The List
DOD:source
prison architect [got 20 hours into this one already]
Sir you are being hunted
Call of Juarez-Gunslinger
Dragon Age Origins ultimate
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Dark Messiah
Ace Patrol
Hard Reset

and the list grows

updated....the list grows.....longer
more
ace patrol ......first bad purchase.....doesn't run on intel integrated cards....known issue ...o well $1.25 down the drain.
red nation
the witcher directors cut enhanced edition

about $55 so far

Add
Sanctum 1 collection
elder scrolls morrowind complete
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Toonces

Ok, finished up my holiday spending today with:

Memorable Dungeons pack from GoG.com (Legend of Grimrock, Ultima Underworld, Stonekeep and a few others)

and Scourge of War: Chancellorsville, Antietam, and Pipe Creek from Matrix.

I believe that's going to be it for me for holiday spending!

Bison

I'm considering buying the Dungeons and Dragons game pack from gamersgate for $5.

Slick Wilhelm

I was going to add both Scourge of War: Antietam and Scourge of War: Chancellorsville, but discovered that I already purchased Antietam at some point in 2013. So, I added Chancellorsville, thus ending my holiday spending spree to the tune of $140 total.

Arctic Blast

Let's see, I've added :

-Shadow Warrior
-State of Decay
-The Walking Dead Season 2
-7 Grand Steps
-Scribblenauts Unmasked

Bison

I was in the mood for a zombie games so I ended up picking up State of Decay along with Spelunky and Caesar in Gaul DLC.

-budd-

Quote from: -budd- on December 27, 2013, 05:49:34 PM
Quote from: -budd- on December 22, 2013, 06:11:35 PM
Quote from: -budd- on December 21, 2013, 03:47:39 PM
Quote from: -budd- on December 20, 2013, 02:51:28 PM
Quote from: -budd- on December 10, 2013, 11:04:10 PM
I added Sir you are being hunted and Call of juarez gunslinger to my total.
The List
DOD:source
prison architect [got 20 hours into this one already]
Sir you are being hunted
Call of Juarez-Gunslinger
Dragon Age Origins ultimate
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Dark Messiah
Ace Patrol
Hard Reset

and the list grows

updated....the list grows.....longer
more
ace patrol ......first bad purchase.....doesn't run on intel integrated cards....known issue ...o well $1.25 down the drain.
red nation
the witcher directors cut enhanced edition

about $55 so far

Add
Sanctum 1 collection
elder scrolls morrowind complete

Last editions
braid
Mass Effect 1

Around $65 total.
So now my gaming new years resolution begins........ "No Purchases until the next fall/winter sales"  Time to play what i have and see how many i can actually play and finish or at least install and give a game a fair shot, before i move on. First Up is to continue with DAO and finished saving the world from the blight...really enjoying this RPG and the way it plays.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Arctic Blast

Oh hai, Anno 2070 Complete Edition.

And that'll do it.

BanzaiCat

Just got back last night near midnight and had three games waiting for me...

Picket Duty, a solitaire game where you control a destroyer while staving off kamikaze attacks. A steep price tag at $65, but the components are amazing - thick, great artwork, very high attention to detail.

Star Trek Attack Wing. Already have the X-Wing minis game so I thought I'd give this a try. Not a huge fan of the models, might need to brush over them a bit to fill in some detail. Next I want to order the Reliant.

Swing States 2012. I'm a fan of political sims in general and this looked like a lot of fun. It's a solitaire game where you choose to either run the Democrat or Republican ticket, pick your candidate and running mate, and go to town. However, Victory Point Games apparently didn't want to bother with packing; when I opened the box it looked like someone hurriedly threw in all the cards. The paper wrap to hold it was in there, empty. Once I reorganized everything the cards fit into the paper sleeves tightly, which tells me someone got lazy and just tossed everything in there like...a tosser. The components look pretty cool (I got the boxed version instead of the bagged version), though. I'm pretty surprised how pissed off I am that this was so shoddily packed.