"The" Holidays Game Sale Damage Thread

Started by -budd-, November 27, 2013, 11:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinkershuffle

So far I've only bought LA Noire. I'm paying attention if Arma3 goes below -33%. From Matrix I'll probably finally pick up Command Ops at some point.

MikeGER

the force (to fight the impulse purchase) is astonishing strong in me this year ;)

... got very tempted by Rome II, but didn't know if the tactical AI is there yet after several patches.

and my HDD is full of stuff i bought last sale, plus all the stuff i bought on release day morn from Matrix :)   

Toonces

Mike!

Rome 2 is 50% off on Steam RIGHT NOW.  DO IT!!!!  You know you're going to get it...don't be a chump and pay full price, get it at bargain basement now while you can!!11ONE!!   8)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grim.Reaper

Pretty tame for me so far, as long as I don't count the xbox one I bought:)

- Shadowrun Returns $8
- Bioshock Infinite $8

Still likely will pickup Crysis 3 ($8), but haven't done so yet...

bob48

Anyone have much experience with the 'Man of War' series? Whilst they are not actually in the sale, they are pretty cheap on Steam and I quite like the look of them, especially the Vietnam one.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 01, 2013, 07:53:27 AM
Pretty tame for me so far, as long as I don't count the xbox one I bought:)

- Shadowrun Returns $8
- Bioshock Infinite $8

Still likely will pickup Crysis 3 ($8), but haven't done so yet...

Darn...thought the Crysis deal was lasting longer....already ended:(  Also at Amazon for $13 (including the DLC), but not what I was hoping for....no biggie...I am sure it will be back during the xmas sale...no hurry on that one.

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 30, 2013, 07:21:43 PM
I went a little nuts and bought a bunch of Avalanche Press stuff:

• Great War At Sea: Cruiser Warfare
  • Second World War At Sea: Strike South
  • Great War At Sea: Zeppelins
  • Great War at Sea: Pacific Crossroads
  • Second World War At Sea: Midway

Even with my Gold Membership discount on top of the already deep discounts I've pretty much blown my holiday gaming stash. I have no idea why I'm so drawn to these GW/SWW at Sea games since I already own about 13 of the boxed ones and at least 9 supplements but have yet to actually play any of them against anyone else. Yet there is is....  :-\

I'd say you have the War At Sea stuff down.  I still have the old WWI Mediterranean one from the 90s sitting around but I never played it much.

I ordered Picket Duty - Okinawa from NWS last Monday, and tossed in the Hell Over Korea expansion for B-29 Superfortress.  I figured that I'd get some of the B-17 Queen Of The Skies style solitaire gaming in while anxiously waiting on The Hunters, but it looks like I may be waiting on these for a bit too.  :-\  At least I can do so with the base B-29 game, but I think it's best setting is probably Korea .. much deadlier.  Really looking forward to running a destroyer in Picket Duty most of all.

Gusington

Buying Rising Storm and Verdun at the Steam sale now, despite the fact that Verdun (MP WWI FPS)  is in late beta (or early access). Getting both together for about 18-fiddy.

Also don't know how my temporary duct-taped internet set up will handle MP. But I'm willing to take the risk.

Also want CoD Ghosts but even on sale for 50.00, well, that's still too high for me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Of course now Steam is crapping out on me...I'll return later tonight.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Bit on Witcher 2 for $4.99. Not that I've finished the first one yet.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Tinkershuffle

Quote from: bob48 on December 01, 2013, 07:55:41 AM
Anyone have much experience with the 'Man of War' series? Whilst they are not actually in the sale, they are pretty cheap on Steam and I quite like the look of them, especially the Vietnam one.

They are good games, especially the first one, that fit in the gap between Company of Heroes and Combat mission/Graviteam tactics. Sometimes the single player missions feel more like puzzles than a regular RTS though and the game in general is pretty challenging. If you're not in a hurry I'd say wait a bit longer because they are quite often even in -75% sale either in Steam or Gamersgate.

(Edit.) And if you're really lucky you can get the whole series from Bundlestars only with few bucks. ;)

bob48

^Thanks for that. I'll take your advice and hang on for a while, especially if it save a few quid!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

sandman2575

Tempted by Rise of Flight Channel Battles Edition.  Usually my 'can't pass it up' requirement is in the $15 or less area, so at a sale price of $25 I still have some willpower to resist.  Worth it? 

republic

Bought Sword of the Stars - The Pit with my bluecoins.  Gamersgate customer service is phenomenal.  I'd accidentally bought DLC instead of the game and they corrected it within 5 minutes.

Arctic Blast

Add Splinter Cell : Blacklist and Metro : Last Light to my tally.