"The" Holidays Game Sale Damage Thread

Started by -budd-, November 27, 2013, 11:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

I broke down and got Dungeons of Dredmor and Baldurs Gate EE on Steam.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Toonces

They also have a buy 2 get 1 free on the Virtavia stuff.  I'm not sure that it's deep enough for me, though.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Pinetree

I'm planning on getting Shadowrun Returns on steam for 11.99. I'll do it when the missus is in bed tonight as she always gives me a bit of grief when I buy a game. ;D
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Toonces

Alright, I'm done for the weekend.  I picked up the B377 Stratocruiser and the Captain of the Ship bundle from SimMarket for $51, and I threw in the free Catalina Island scenery as well.  I'm going to try to hold off on any other FSX purchases until Christmas.

I've been eyeing the B377 package for a while, and at $51 it's a pretty good deal. 

For some reason I cannot get the PBY to download from FSPilotshop...not sure if it's a server thing or what.  I'm going to keep trying for a few days and then fire off a support ticket.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Tuna

Quote from: Toonces on November 29, 2013, 02:41:52 AM
Alright, I'm done for the weekend.  I picked up the B377 Stratocruiser and the Captain of the Ship bundle from SimMarket for $51, and I threw in the free Catalina Island scenery as well.  I'm going to try to hold off on any other FSX purchases until Christmas.

I've been eyeing the B377 package for a while, and at $51 it's a pretty good deal. 

For some reason I cannot get the PBY to download from FSPilotshop...not sure if it's a server thing or what.  I'm going to keep trying for a few days and then fire off a support ticket.

I haven't plunged on the B-24 yet, because I'm kind of leary of the 3D Cockpit pics I see online.. I'm spoiled by A2A B-17.. PMDB.. Twin Otter.. lol.. I have till Monday to be weak.. I'm holding out for Milviz or Carenado sale. hoping but I doubt RealAir wil have a sale..

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

WallysWorld

Two Train Simulator 2014 routes:
Stevens Pass
Pacific Surfliner with the free ES44DC BNSF add-on.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Toonces

Quote from: Tuna on November 29, 2013, 09:52:59 AM
Quote from: Toonces on November 29, 2013, 02:41:52 AM

I haven't plunged on the B-24 yet, because I'm kind of leary of the 3D Cockpit pics I see online.. I'm spoiled by A2A B-17.. PMDB.. Twin Otter.. lol.. I have till Monday to be weak.. I'm holding out for Milviz or Carenado sale. hoping but I doubt RealAir wil have a sale..

Well, if you have the A2A B-17 I can't see any good reason to get the B-24.  It's going to be a let down compared to the B-17 based upon the research I've done (but having never flown either).  I was truly sitting on the fence between the B-17 and B377.  In the end, I've been wanting the B377 for a few months now whereas the B-17 would have been an impulse purchase...so I decided to pull the trigger on the one I've been wanting longer.

Toonces

Looks like my PBY is downloading finally as well.  Shit, I was all set to go surfing today...looks like I might just geek out in front of the computer instead, flying Air Hauler routes from Catalina Island to southern California in my PBY and Stratocruiser.

Tough decisions to make here in Paradise!   8)

Toonces

This has to end.  Seriously, I can't seem to keep my wallet closed and it's bothering me.

Ok, so I found the Hawaii hi-res scenery for a mere $2 at PCAviator: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store/product.php?productid=555210&cat=732&page=1

Now I'm eyeballing the FSDream Team PHNL and Hawaii Airports Vols 1 and 2.  If you get all three you get like 40% off (total is about $52).  Then, you can pick up the Ground expansion GTX for 30% off using the code TURKEY2013 which brings it to like $25. 

This is pretty hard.   ::)

undercovergeek

£6 on fallen enchantress legendary heroes

Arctic Blast

Oh hai, The Bureau 66% off on Green Man Gaming. And BF4 half off on Origin. And Spelunky 75% off on Steam.

The bad news : that's just one damn day!
The good news : my shopping list is growing shorter by the minute.  ;D

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

Quote from: bob48 on November 29, 2013, 05:43:45 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 29, 2013, 02:15:47 PM
£6 on fallen enchantress legendary heroes

Damn - missed that!

holy crap i didnt realise it was still up at £26 - im sure itll be around again bob

Shelldrake

I might pick up Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps from Matrix since I had fun with the beta. Shadowrun Returns is tempting me too. so far $0 spent - maybe I have beaten the addiction! ;)
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell