Main Menu

loadout

Started by jomni, February 13, 2014, 07:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Looks insane. They claim you can design weapons with billions of combinations.  Free to play but I suspect it is pay-to-win.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/208090/

Tpek

I pre-ordered it and played the Early Access back in the day.

Was actually pretty fun for an area-shooter.

And I didn't see any "P2W" mechanics that are prevalent in other games.
(You could only buy cosmetics).

And the weaponcrafting was fun. Trying out all kinds of whacky weapon designs.

jomni

RooksBailey

I've been playing this the last two or three days and I have to say it is a lot of fun.  Basically, the weapons customization of Borderlands mixed with the cartoonish wackiness of Team Fortress 2.  And therein lies the problem for me.  I LOVE TF2 and find Loadout to be a bit too similar to TF2 for my liking.  Don't read too much into this: Loadout is a fine game (and I agree with the above -  I didn't see any P2W elements; most of the real cash transactions seem to be for non-gameplay elements, like you avatar's look), but I just constantly find myself asking why play this when I can play the original?  Okay, Loadout does opt for a sci-fi aesthetic while TF2 is more about being a nostalgic Warner Brothers cartoon, but that is the only real distinction outside of the weapons customization that I see so far. 

Sorry, it's been a long day with an epic snow storm, so I am rambling here.  Long short: fun game; worth your time; a bit too much like Team Fortress 2.

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway