Breaking into the great Paradox abyss

Started by Jarhead0331, February 16, 2014, 06:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 01, 2014, 03:55:41 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 01, 2014, 12:18:49 PM
I was just about to surround Paris and felt as if the French were finally beginning to break when...the USSR declared war. Son of a b*tch!

really? what year?

thats harsh

early 1942.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

Had you gone through the whole ribbentrop mechanics? I ask only because I've never seen them make the first move

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 02, 2014, 04:54:49 AM
Had you gone through the whole ribbentrop mechanics? I ask only because I've never seen them make the first move

Not that I'm aware of. There were no national decisions to make or historical pop-ups that occurred prior to their declaration of war.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 02, 2014, 04:54:49 AM

I'm pretty sure the AI Soviets have always eventually attacked ze Germans in the HOI series, if not attacked themselves.  Did this stop happening in HOI3?

undercovergeek

in every game ive played as the germans ive always tried to avoid the push east knowing it was suicide, ive gone as far as turkey, and finland and theyve never attacked

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 02, 2014, 03:58:39 PM
in every game ive played as the germans ive always tried to avoid the push east knowing it was suicide, ive gone as far as turkey, and finland and theyve never attacked

This must be the only WW2 grand strategy game I've played in which it doesn't happen, in that case.  Kinda sad but perhaps that makes up for France not giving up so quickly?  :P

undercovergeek

I hasten to add there were 105 divisions on the border

BanzaiCat

I almost bought the HOI III collection on Steam yesterday.

Instead I bought a game for my daughter.

My priorities need tweaking...then again she doesn't have 90-some-odd games like her old man does, that he hardly ever plays.

Rayfer

JH....still playing? Or did the mighty Russian bear prevail and bring Germany to its knees? You got me interested in this game. I had bought it a long time back in one of those sales, with all the DLC but had never played it. Playing now as the USA in Their Finest Hour. Started in the 1936 campaign. It's now late 1939, Japan is rolling over China and Germany has invaded Poland. Things should be getting interesting real soon.  This is my first play at the game so I'm hoping I researched the right stuff. Time will tell.