John Tillers campaign series update at Matrix

Started by -budd-, February 19, 2014, 09:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Slightly off topic- Is there any news about the new Panzer Battle's game?

I only know that is being worked on. Is there a general release date? What theatre is it etc.?  Any info or links would be appreciated as I know barely anything about the game except it is at platoon level.
Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

Bison

Quote from: Hot lead and dirty talk on February 23, 2014, 11:30:56 PM
Slightly off topic- Is there any news about the new Panzer Battle's game?

I only know that is being worked on. Is there a general release date? What theatre is it etc.?  Any info or links would be appreciated as I know barely anything about the game except it is at platoon level.

Here's a good thread from theblitz.  http://www.theblitz.org/message_boards/showthread.php?tid=65518

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

Jason Petho

QuoteI believe they're using the final half-finished Arab-Israeli Wars one of the series.  Divided Ground IIRC.  I actually bought that one long ago but it was so damn buggy it was a write-off at the time and was never properly finished.

Been hoping these guys can work some magic with it.  Dunno if there's been any news or whether it's still in the works. *shrug*

Good day.

Yes, we are working on three games.  Middle East, Vietnam and Cold War. (Titles are tentative).

We intend on releasing the Middle East gamethis June (ish). While it has a similar theme as Divided Ground, it is essentially a brand new game. The OOB's have been completely rebuilt from the ground up and span from 1948 to 1985. There are, at the moment, 50 brand new scenarios that cover the usual wars in Israel and surrounds but also includes some unknown battles depicting the fighting in Algeria in the 50's, the British in the Radfan in the 60's, the Egyptians in Yemen in the 60's, the border war between Libya and Egypt in 1977 and so on plus at least a couple of Linked Campaign Games. We are still working on components of the engine on how it will interact with more modern weapons, but for the most part the game is being playtested for release.

Vietnam will cover from the French in Indochina, through the civil war of the early 60's and the large American involvement in the 60's and early 70's. There are approximately 20 scenarios for that at the moment, with a goal of 50 and also a couple of Linked Campaign Games. We're hoping to release that for Christmas 2014.

Cold War will come in 2015 or 2016.

Hope this sheds some light.

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

Campaign Series Middle East 1948-1985 : v3.00 coming 2024

Campaign Series Vietnam 1948-1967 : v1.30 released April 26, 2023

Campaign Series Cold War 1948-1985 : v1.00 coming 202?

-budd-

Quote from: Jason Petho on February 24, 2014, 10:41:30 PM
QuoteI believe they're using the final half-finished Arab-Israeli Wars one of the series.  Divided Ground IIRC.  I actually bought that one long ago but it was so damn buggy it was a write-off at the time and was never properly finished.

Been hoping these guys can work some magic with it.  Dunno if there's been any news or whether it's still in the works. *shrug*

Good day.

Yes, we are working on three games.  Middle East, Vietnam and Cold War. (Titles are tentative).

We intend on releasing the Middle East gamethis June (ish). While it has a similar theme as Divided Ground, it is essentially a brand new game. The OOB's have been completely rebuilt from the ground up and span from 1948 to 1985. There are, at the moment, 50 brand new scenarios that cover the usual wars in Israel and surrounds but also includes some unknown battles depicting the fighting in Algeria in the 50's, the British in the Radfan in the 60's, the Egyptians in Yemen in the 60's, the border war between Libya and Egypt in 1977 and so on plus at least a couple of Linked Campaign Games. We are still working on components of the engine on how it will interact with more modern weapons, but for the most part the game is being playtested for release.

Vietnam will cover from the French in Indochina, through the civil war of the early 60's and the large American involvement in the 60's and early 70's. There are approximately 20 scenarios for that at the moment, with a goal of 50 and also a couple of Linked Campaign Games. We're hoping to release that for Christmas 2014.

Cold War will come in 2015 or 2016.

Hope this sheds some light.

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

When ever your able how about some screen shots to wet the appetite. just wondering if there are any graphic upgrades in the map and units.

Jason Petho

Absolutely, I can take some screenshots from Middle East and Vietnam and post them here.

Give me a couple days.

Jason Petho

Jason Petho

Here are some screenshots I pulled today from both Vietnam and Middle East

Middle East

Vietnam

-budd-

I cant see the images, don't know if anyone else can. Anywhere else to view them? Thanks for taking the time.

Grim.Reaper

Rayfer

Grim.Reaper

Its too bad since I really want to see what these will look like....I could really get into this time period.

ArizonaTank

This is great news!!!  Now just have to find my old install file.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Jason Petho

Bison