Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

jomni

Great one Oche.  DC-10 is one of my faves.

republic

Oche

Vietnam Flakfest 1966

F-102 in Germany 1962 (Nato Fighters Mod for Strike Fighters 2)

F-102 cockpit

Huw the Poo

Guild Wars 2

A waterfall in Kryta.

From atop the fall.

Closer to the source of the river, Ffion discovers that it apparently originates from inside the mountain.  I won't detail what happened inside because it's embarrassing.

The Aerie, capital city of the Tengu (a bird-like race, not (currently) playable).

They wouldn't let me in!

Toonces

The review of Guild Wars 2 on Kokatu has really been getting me motivated to jump in.

I'd post the link, but I can't remember how to spell the website actually.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Kushan

Quote from: Toonces on October 07, 2012, 06:25:43 PM
The review of Guild Wars 2 on Kokatu has really been getting me motivated to jump in.

I'd post the link, but I can't remember how to spell the website actually.

I think this is the link your looking for

http://kotaku.com/5946563/guild-wars-2-the-kotaku-review
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Toonces

That's it.  Pretty awesome review, huh?  Lemme head on over to Steam for a bit...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Bison

You cannot purchase Guild Wars 2 on Steam.

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on October 07, 2012, 08:13:24 PM
You cannot purchase Guild Wars 2 on Steam.

You forgot the Evil Laugh, Bison!

*MUAHAHAAAAAAHAAAA!*

:)

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Toonces on October 07, 2012, 08:12:36 PM
That's it.  Pretty awesome review, huh?  Lemme head on over to Steam for a bit...

That is a good review, and neatly sums up some of the reasons that I love Guild Wars 2.  I especially liked her description of the game being just the right level of difficulty, "playful and mischievous" as opposed to outright hostile.  Nail...head.

Toonces

Meanwhile....

A while back, probably on Wargamer, I had explored playing Morrowind using the Morroblivion mod vs. the Morrowind graphics overhaul mod.  I went with Morroblivion first.  Morroblivion gives you the option of essentially linking the two worlds together such that you can travel between them and it makes it one big game running under the Oblivion engine.  This means you get the Oblivion map, journal, quest markers, etc. in Morrowind.  Also, the graphics are updated to Oblivion levels. 

I liked that at first, but when I took my Knights of the Nine-equipped fighter from Oblivion into Morrowind...it just didn't feel right.  I have trouble explaining it, but basically I felt like I wasn't playing Morrowind anymore.  Something clashed in my fen shui or whatever.

So tonight, thinking it was time to give Morrowind one last attempt, I installed the Morrowind Graphics Overhaul 2.0 mod.  It's about 1.9GB.  Extracts as a stand alone .exe that does all the heavy lifting for you.

I installed that, did a little troubleshooting because I had a few graphics anomalies, and got it running.  I have to say WOW does it look good.  It is your standard Morrowind, but it looks about 100 times better.  I'm running it on pretty much max settings; there might be a few more options to turn up but I don't want to mess it up now that it runs solidly. 

Anyway, when I finally entered Balmora at the beginning of the game, I was pretty blown away.  I highly recommend this mod if you haven't played Morrowind before, or if you were just turned off by the old graphics.

TheCommandTent

^That graphics mod does make it look great!
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

jomni

Oche

Always nice to see A330 freight dogs. 8)