Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I want more groghead bureaucracy and committee panels.

Nefaro

Deadskin

Quote from: LongBlade on December 16, 2012, 11:15:46 AM
Hey, Deadskin. Is that World of Tanks in the first image?

yes it is sorry shoulda labeled it the other is Shogun 2 fall of the Samurai

RooksBailey

I was shocked to discover that Borderlands 2 was released back in September!  Where the heck was I?!?  I loved the original!  Even though I was sorely tempted to get B2, I just couldn't abandon the first without finishing the campaign - I found it that good.  Unfortunately, after reinstalling it, I realized I completely forget what I was doing, so I (gladly) began the campaign again.   ;D  Now I need to finish it before Borderlands 2 GOTY edition is released!   ::)

Anyway, screenie:

This is my char wielding a Dahl (or was it an Atlas?) six shooter with electroshock add-on.  You can't clearly see it because of the depth of field effects, but I just electrocuted a bandit in the distance when I returned fire from behind some cover.   8)  Even with the blur, the picture is still pretty with its detail and color (I am using a graphics mod that eliminates the heavy black "shaded cell" borders for a cleaner look).  You can also see a shot whizzing over my head from another bandit.

I forgot that SP shooters can be fun, too!   ;D
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Arctic Blast

NICE! I enjoyed the first Borderlands. Barring Mass Effect 3 completely blowing me away, Borderlands 2 is probably my game of the year for 2012.

RooksBailey

Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 17, 2012, 01:41:44 AM
NICE! I enjoyed the first Borderlands. Barring Mass Effect 3 completely blowing me away, Borderlands 2 is probably my game of the year for 2012.

How does it compare to the original?  What are some of the major changes (if any)?
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Arctic Blast

Quote from: RooksBailey on December 17, 2012, 01:51:17 AM

How does it compare to the original?  What are some of the major changes (if any)?

I think it's a little more polished than the first game was. Everything just seems to be a little...cleaner. The writing is fantastic, and they aren't afraid to drop the humor for some pretty serious stuff (and it works). It also seems longer. I've played it through once, and I've got 49 hours in to it. I played the first for about 65, but that included 2 play throughs and 2 of the DLC packs.

RooksBailey

Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 17, 2012, 01:53:59 AM

I think it's a little more polished than the first game was. Everything just seems to be a little...cleaner. The writing is fantastic, and they aren't afraid to drop the humor for some pretty serious stuff (and it works). It also seems longer. I've played it through once, and I've got 49 hours in to it. I played the first for about 65, but that included 2 play throughs and 2 of the DLC packs.

Thanks for that!   Glad to know I have something good to look forward to. 

About B1's DLC.  Were there any that you would consider must-have's story wise?  I was thinking of finishing the main campaign and going on to B2, but Claptrap revolution and Armory sound interesting.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: RooksBailey on December 17, 2012, 01:57:45 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 17, 2012, 01:53:59 AM

Thanks for that!   Glad to know I have something good to look forward to. 

About B1's DLC.  Were there any that you would consider must-have's story wise?  I was thinking of finishing the main campaign and going on to B2, but Claptrap revolution and Armory sound interesting.

Zombie Island of Dr. Ned and Secret Armory of General Knoxx were the two that I played, and both were pretty good. Mad Moxxi is pretty much a PVP zone, which I had no interest in. Claptrap Revolution came out after I was pretty much done with the game, so I honestly have no idea how that one is.

undercovergeek

Trying out my mission editing skills in Arma II.

HQ have ordered a squad to go down into the village and intercept an enemy patrol seen disembarking from a patrol boat on the beach. I order up a HMMV, its too far to walk!

En route with the gunner scanning the horizon:-

The team assembles on the ridge overlooking the village, the HMMV is parked behind the wall behind me, the MG trained on the main road

An RPG gunner dies in the middle of the street trying to outflank the HMMV

I switch to the right flank, Corporal Jakes here was under pressure as enemy troops kept squeezing through the fence to force a way through on the right

The slightly camp notification in the top right was my scripted marker to tell me the parameters had been met - all enemy in the village wiped out

RooksBailey

I've been meaning to boot up A2 again since upgrading my video card.  I think you just gave me the impetus to do so, Undercover!  :)

...But then there is the continued call to complete Borderlands 1 so I can move onto 2.  :)

One of the things I love about this game is how the corporate propaganda pervades the entire game.  For example, I love the posters you find around the planet that advertise this or that weaponry manufacturer:

I like the S&S definition of "reload".   ;D

Oche

Quote from: jomni on December 15, 2012, 04:29:23 AM
Regarding Iron Front DLC...  They never got rid of the odd wrinkles in the US uniform?

Bought a couple of planes for FSX that are on sale (Captain Sim, 9.99 Euros).  Here's the classic 737-200F.

A few more pictures in my blog. http://jomnisgames.blogspot.com/2012/12/captain-sim-sale.html

Nice pics Jomni. Thx for sharing.

jomni

Iron Front screens.  Such a frustrating game!!!  ::)

Bagration Scenario (user-created, obtained from iron front forums).  Not good for single player.  Scripting needs improvement.  Not balanced as well as the Germans are outmatched.

4th Scenario of German Campaign.  Here is my rag-tag group of POW's. Had a great time commanding them and scavenging for weapons. Nice mission but some triggers fail to activate and I had to cheat and type 'endmission' in the console to finish the scenario.

Nefaro

Played a little Space Rangers 2 Reboot last week.  Hope to see the upcoming 'HD' version, which SOM mentioned, sometime in the near future.

Kushan

Some shots of my current game of Port Royal 3. Playing the open world campaign. Building up a nice little trading empire. I'm starting to make the transition from just trading to buy property in towns. So far its a good game to prop my feet up and drink some coffee or in my current case hot chocolate.

These shots are me taking out my first gang of pirates, got my 3 frigates shot up pretty bad in the first few fights I had to retreat to repair. I ended up beating all the pirate ships but don't have the arms or the crew size to go after the 600+ pirates that are garrisoning the base itself.

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play