Main Menu

Israel

Started by GDS_Starfury, October 07, 2023, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

WTF is this about? This is very unprecedented.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tripoli

It may be a force protection issue.  Don't want to have a bunch of senior marines all in one place at a party.....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tripoli on November 02, 2023, 09:15:11 AMIt may be a force protection issue.  Don't want to have a bunch of senior marines all in one place at a party.....

I would imagine if that were the case then there must be some pretty credible intel of an actual threat. Either way, it is still very unprecedented and it makes me think something is really up.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Has it ever been cancelled before?

And thank you for the kind words Tripoli. The great shame in all this is that Christians, Muslims and Jews are all brothers.

It just does not feel like it now.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Thanks to JH for introducing me to Ryan McBeth - what a Middle East regional war could look like...I learned a lot in a short time here:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Groggy

"In less than 24 hours, the number of victims of the first and second Israeli bombings of the Jabalia refugee camp has exceeded 1,000."

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1719878237206311222?t=uVsRenH3Yt3TwLRmvfTBHA&s=19
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

Gusington

Look at this pathetic loser who made the anti-Jewish threats at Cornell. I would love to meet him.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/01/us/cornell-university-antisemitic-threats-thursday/index.html

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

Quote from: Gusington on November 02, 2023, 09:34:32 AMHas it ever been cancelled before?

And thank you for the kind words Tripoli. The great shame in all this is that Christians, Muslims and Jews are all brothers.

It just does not feel like it now.

You are not alone.  There are a lot of us out here that got ya'lls back.  Like this guy (who has been mentioned before) here: https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/11/just-a-regular-guy-meet-nyc-construction-worker-who-confronted-man-tearing-down-israeli-hostage-posters/
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

This video shows a lot of the megaphone touting and blind following that JH was mentioning, but it also shows a lot of very smart, well-spoken kids who give me some hope.

One of the Jewish girls featured reminds me a lot of my oldest daughter and she is wearing the same or similar Star of David I mentioned earlier.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2023/11/01/college-campus-protests-pro-palestinian-jewish-students-antisemitism-war-reeve-dnt-ac360-vpx.cnn

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Tripoli that guy you featured above has become a hero of mine. I hope there are billions more like him.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

acctingman

Do any of these fuckknuckles on all these college campuses even know what they're protesting for or what's even is going on outside of their Tiktik pages and frat house rages?

Pathetic

JasonPratt

Quote from: Groggy on November 02, 2023, 10:04:39 AM"In less than 24 hours, the number of victims of the first and second Israeli bombings of the Jabalia refugee camp has exceeded 1,000."

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1719878237206311222?t=uVsRenH3Yt3TwLRmvfTBHA&s=19

I saw something about this earlier. What's the actual story on it? Are the numbers confirmed (which is somewhat less important but Hamas and related sources have been known to inflate numbers)? Was it really a refugee camp? If so, was it also being used as human shields for something else like rocket strikes at Israeli civilians or a Hamas HQ? Was it even an Israeli strike? (Hamas has dropped munitions on their own people before, at least by accident, and blamed it on the Jews; the recent hospital wasn't even the first time, it happens pretty regularly, though usually without such casualties.) If it was an Israeli strike on a legitimate refugee camp, was it bad intel? If Israel intentionally hit a mere refugee camp (twice), regardless of the number of casualties (even if it was only one casualty it would still be questionably bad at best), who authorized it and why?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

al_infierno

I don't have a link off hand, but Wolf Blitzer interviewed an IDF spokesman who confirmed that they struck a refugee camp and killed a high ranking Hamas commander who was using them as human shields. No idea if the death tolls are accurate.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

^According to Al Jazeera, as quoted by Groggy, they are all "victims". :idiot2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog