Happy Canada Day!

Started by Shelldrake, July 01, 2012, 06:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

Happy Canada Day Grogs!  8)

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Staggerwing

Happy Canada day to you from south of the border!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

"Hmmm...  what should we name this new country of ours?"

"I dunno.  Let's just all pick a letter and see what we end up with!"

"Sound good.  I'll go first.  I'll take a 'C', eh."

"I'll take an 'N', eh."

"I'll have a 'D', eh."

"I think we've got it!"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

Happy Canada Day - where's the cake and booze at?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Centurion40

Even Google is in on it!!

Happy Canada Day!!

Any time is a good time for pie.

Centurion40

Quote from: bob48 on July 01, 2012, 07:45:45 AM

You nearest Canadian Consulate/High Commission, or where ever there are more than 3 Canadians in same place!

Can you make to Trafalgar Square?  Probably not, but the big piss-up will be there.

Barthheart

Happy Canada All!  8)

From my seat at my pool I'll get to see the Snowbirds form up before they do their noonday flyover the Hill. Great fun!

Centurion40

So Canada Day at your place next year??  ;)

Centurion40

bob48

Quote from: Centurion40 on July 01, 2012, 07:51:24 AM
Quote from: bob48 on July 01, 2012, 07:45:45 AM

You nearest Canadian Consulate/High Commission, or where ever there are more than 3 Canadians in same place!

Can you make to Trafalgar Square?  Probably not, but the big piss-up will be there.
By the time I'd pootled down to London, all the cake and booze will be long gone, so I'll stay at home and lift a glass of the good stuff in honor of my Canadian Grog bretheren and Canadians everywhere.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Centurion40

Centurion40

Centurion40

Staggerwing

Damn! I guess you guys like your Weed up there. Are there Wacky Tabacky coffee shops up there also? It'd do wonders for tourism...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Centurion40

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 01, 2012, 08:47:34 AM
Damn! I guess you guys like your Weed up there. Are there Wacky Tabacky coffee shops up there also? It'd do wonders for tourism...

No. But it is one of my arguments for legalization (not to derail a thread, but why should this thread be any different?).  It would turn Windsor, Ontario (a down-and-out city across the river from Detroit) into a boom town.

AFAIK, cops only bust dealers.  If they caught some kids with a joint or little baggie of dope, they'd scold/scare the kids and take them home.  Same with booze, but anything else brings the full hammer of the law.