Main Menu

Darkest Dungeon

Started by Nefaro, February 02, 2015, 09:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Coming from a background of boardgames where nearly every mechanic was a RNG, mostly open for all to see, the idea of it being used is not the problem. I would assume every single program uses what boils down to an RNG at its base depending on the algorithms it uses. Some are extremely complex while others are merely a 1d6. Where the trouble comes in for me is when every bit of skill is superseded by a RNG. i.e. The results affect player 1d4 instead of player X because of Y and Z. Again, I don't have DD but a friend of mine, whos opinion I appreciate, also gave a negative review after many hours of play because of too much reliance on a chaotic and overbearing RNG..
When dongles fly? - mirth

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

I'm supportive :P

you ever decide on your October Halloween scary game yet......Skyrim don't count, no matter how gothic.

Gusington

I tried out Darkwood and it trapped me, is featured in the next installment of What is Gus Playing next week.

Now I have started Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone and am loving life again. And next week Shadow of War comes out 🤓

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

Nice feature, Darkwoods is on my list. Top down games have no creep value for me, need to be FP or maybe TP. Looking forward to your Darkwood opinion, i'm on the fence.

Gusington

I can almost guarantee you that Darkwood will shiver your timbers, never mind it's too down perspective. You may pee a little.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Ubercat

I've been curious about Darkwood. If Gus is that enthusiastic, I think it's only a matter of time before I grab it.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Moreb

I'm very early into Darkwood but can confirm Gus' sentiment. My timbers were noticeably shivered.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MC

Urine for a real surprise!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Moreb