Monday morning commute rage

Started by W8taminute, March 19, 2012, 01:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^Be careful JH, seriously. There are jerkoffs out there with way less training and restraint than you that are also armed and behind the wheel. The last thing we need is another Mad Max re-enactment on the roads here.

Ramming your wreck Gus/Barthart style is one thing...opening fire is another!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on March 20, 2012, 09:43:29 AM

The thing that still enrages me is when I am puttering down the street at say 35 mph, minding my own business and some ass pulls right out in front of me, then slows down!
This is far and away my biggest driving pet peeve as well.  I don't get afflicted with road rage that often (fortunately), but when I do, it's usually because of this. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

LongBlade

Get with the times people.

See my new sig.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

Quote from: Martok on March 20, 2012, 12:24:19 PM
Quote from: Gusington on March 20, 2012, 09:43:29 AM

The thing that still enrages me is when I am puttering down the street at say 35 mph, minding my own business and some ass pulls right out in front of me, then slows down!
This is far and away my biggest driving pet peeve as well.  I don't get afflicted with road rage that often (fortunately), but when I do, it's usually because of this.

This is my favorite way to cause road rage.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Gus, just for him we'll put exploding bumpers on our wrecks!  8)

Bison

What I really, really love to do is pull out, slow down, roll my window down, put my arm up on the window ledge thingy, turn up the radio, adjust my mirror, turn on my blinker first to the right and then to the left but keep going straight and as soon as I get to a yellow light...gun it so I can carry on my merry way.

Gusington

^Bartheart...that's him! That's the guy!!^

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Well, at least it seems that the same bad driving habits exist on both sides of the pond. This morning, pootling my way to the office when a thick-necked git in a BMW convertable forced his way in front of me, slowed right down and glared into his rear view mirror waiting for me to make some sort of hostile gesture - which I did not do - so he gave me the ol' 2-finger salute and buggered orf!

A total prat if there ever was one (him that is, not me).....
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

LongBlade

Quote from: bob48 on March 20, 2012, 02:46:28 PM
This morning, pootling my way to the office

That cannot possibly be good.

But I digress...

Quotewhen a thick-necked git in a BMW convertable forced his way in front of me,

By any chance did this git's license plate read "AZZ" ?

Bison

Quote from: bob48 on March 20, 2012, 02:46:28 PM
pootling

I have never, ever read or heard this word ever used before today.  Very interesting the things one learns.  I've will endeveur to use this word at work tomorrow.  Thanks  Bob!

Bison

LB I shot the tank.

Pootling: Brit informal to travel or go in a relaxed or leisurely manner

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on March 20, 2012, 02:51:41 PM
LB I shot the tank.

Pootling: Brit informal to travel or go in a relaxed or leisurely manner

I presume you have cross-verified that on UrbanDictionary? Or are you just standing up for the good Mr. Bob's character?

Bison

I'd like to put it on record right here and now that I have not been back to the urban dictionary since the great WG 2 girls and 1 cup fiasco of 2010.

bob48

Think of it more as a frame of mind - OK, I wuz doing just under the legal speed for the road - 40mph - but my mind was was in an advanced state of pootle - a reluctance to face the drudge of another day at work instead of getting on with important stuff - in this case, turn 6 of Normandy '44
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!