The Grogheads Steam card trading emporium

Started by W8taminute, December 02, 2014, 06:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Hi guys,

Steam cards.  You know those items in your Steam inventory you earn by playing games that offer them?  I figured I'd start a thread where we could trade our doubles with each other in the hopes of crafting some Steam badges.  Why does this matter you say?  Because Steam card trading reminds me of my youth when we would trade baseball cards with each other.  Plus I'll be honest, I want to level up my account by crafting some badges.  It's sort of a meta game outside of our games in our libraries.   ;)

So I have two 'Elizabeth I' cards in my Civilization V inventory and I'd like to trade one of them for one of the following to help round out my collection for this game.  I need a 'Bismarck', 'Economic', 'Foreign', 'Science', or 'Washington' card.  Anyone have any of these as doubles that they'd be willing to trade?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bbmike

I've got a Bismarck you can have. I don't even know what these cards are for.  ???
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

W8taminute

^Cool.  I'd be happy to trade you my Elizabeth for it. 

What you use the cards for is crafting a Steam Badge.  Once  you've collected all the cards in a set you get to craft some sort of badge.  Crafting that badge gets you an achievement which levels up your Steam Level.  In CiV there are 8 cards to collect.  Other games have 7 but 8 usually seems to be the total you need for most games. 

The only other use for these cards is to sell them on the Steam market.  All of the cards I've collected so far from all of my various games that have this feature are only worth about $0.06 though.  Some can be worth as much as a dollar or more if there is a demand for them.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

bbmike

I already have an Elizabeth but you can just have the Bismarck if you want it.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

W8taminute

Sounds good to me.  Check out my inventory to see if any of my other games that I have are in common with yours.  If you see a card from another game I could give you that in return.   O0

MetalDog

You are certainly welcome to check the cards in my profile.  I don't use them, so, you can get them for cheap ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bbmike

Oh crap! I forgot about this, W8taminute. How do I send you Bismarck?
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

W8taminute

^No worries bbmike.  I found someone on the Steam forums to trade with a while back.  Don't need the bismarck anymore. 

To view what cards a player has simply click on their icon and go to their inventory page.  You can browse their cards then there is an option there to trade with them.

Dammit Carl!

Feel free to take a peek at my invenventory (Steam name is same as here - forget the precise spelling, though) and offer away!