Want to Buy- Original Xbox

Started by Toonces, January 24, 2016, 08:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

I bought a copy of NFL2K5 that I cannot get to work on my Xbox360.  I am interested in buying a working, used original Xbox, pretty much to play this game only.  I'm looking to spend no more than $20 or so, plus shipping.

If you have an old Xbox sitting unused in your garage, please consider giving your buddy Toonces a shot at it!   O:-)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

Yeah, I saw that but I wanted to try a trusted Groghead first.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

I think I got rid of my old black Xbox a while ago when I got my 360 and GameStop wouldn't buy it. I'll double check when I have a chance but I'm pretty sure it got tossed, unfortunately.

Wes

When searching for an Xbox be very wary of 'good deals'. A later model Xbox doesn't sell cheap if it is working properly (I've turned down sizable offers for mine) it will be priced accordingly.

The thing to watch out for is the DVD-Rom drive. Three different ones were used. The first, the Thomson drive, was a piece of crap that died very quickly. The Philips was a step up but the best drive was the third manufactured by Samsung. This also tells you how new the unit is.

I don't know if this link will work:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8vZi_ahUWdY/US1nqx207BI/AAAAAAAAAg4/VxcAyKOhyhM/s320/xbox_drivedetermination.gif

But search for this image if not : xbox_drivedetermination.gif

It shows the unique shape of each 'keyhole' that identifies what DVD-Rom drive is installed. You want the Samsung.

Good hunting!
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert