Welcome > GrogHeads Forum Users' Guide

A Word on Anonymous Proxy Servers

<< < (2/7) > >>

LongBlade:
I mentioned it above, but since you're here, Anguille, I'll state it again for clarity.

Hurry has used at least six anonymous IP addresses in an attempt to get in here. His claims on your site that he doesn't know what one is are...inconsistent with the truth.

bayonetbrant:

--- Quote from: LongBlade on August 14, 2013, 08:10:54 AM ---His claims on your site that he doesn't know what one is are...inconsistent with the truth.

--- End quote ---

Additionally, he's used at least one proxy server that shares a router with another banned problem child, indicating a high likelihood that the same person is trying to come back under multiple screen names, using the same proxy server, all in a probable attempt to avoid previous account bans of yet another screen name and IP address.

Steelgrave:
Anguille, one problem I had when I moderated at the Wargamer was that when a certain someone or someones were banned, they could come back with a puppet account and start the same old crap, so a ban meant nothing at all. A proxy server helps to facilitate this. Proxy servers don't just happen, you have to seek one out and create an account. Both here and when we were at the Wargamer, it takes a lot to earn a ban and we don't hand them out because we don't like the color of one's socks.

bayonetbrant:

--- Quote from: Steelgrave on August 14, 2013, 08:55:06 AM ---because we don't like the color of one's socks.
--- End quote ---

Well, there was that one bugger with clear socks.  I think we banned him for wearing them on his ears.  But otherwise, you're spot on. :)

Steelgrave:
Well, I would admittedly be uncomfortable if I knew someone was posting while wearing only socks....

And on that....uncomfortable....note, I need more coffee    ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version