Anti-Semitic Shootings in France, Shooter Dead

Started by son_of_montfort, March 20, 2012, 01:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Who cares? This wing nut has already recieved way more air time than he desreved. If the media would just ignore these nut bars they would get the recognition they are looking for.
He's just some wanns be nut with a gun and a grudge. Not part of some greater organization. But now that he's world wide news for course every terrorist group will use him as some kinda prop for their own ends.

Media just sucks these days....... >:(

Grumpy old crumudgeon rant over now...

LongBlade

Good point. He'll probably get far more attention than he deserved.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MikeGER

what i don't get.... they want him alive, but failed  >:(

in German news there were reports: jihadist was hiding in bathroom when the French (lame excuse for a?) SWAT-team entered his place after getting him tired pretty good . he opened up, fired 30 shoots of the 300 rounds! fired in this incident. the Jihaidst jumps out of bathroom window (while police sniper got him in that procedure) 
SWAT member told the press later, "he never witness such a heavy aggressive shooting from a suspect"
(what were they expecting? and what were they doing while training the snatch-op in a makeshift mock up of that house? French had time enuf... hell, you just need some poles, lines and blankets and a shooting range ...and full dress rehearsal is SOP, isnt it)

I really don't get it   ...you enter the place with a heavy ballistic shield (and maybe a small indoor-drone/robot upfront too), guy opens up ...launcher team outside send couple of 40mm flashbangs and a tear-gas through the bathroom window ... assault team rolls/toss couple of teargas and flashbangs too... and jumps upon him after the last bang... he obviously didn't had rigged the place or his body otherwise he had blown it up on first breach/uncovering of his place

i am disappointed

now he cant be questioned... shit!       

Gusington

Questioned for what? He was a wanna-be, wasn't he? What are they going to ask him?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MikeGER

Quote from: Gusington on March 22, 2012, 10:54:29 AM
Questioned for what? He was a wanna-be, wasn't he? What are they going to ask him?

...about his time in Stan and Pakistan ... his (non email, non phone) contacts in France and abroad, the weapons, how he became more and more involved in the Islamic scenes ... how he managed to get accepted (and survive traveling) in 'Indian country' overthere

more or less about every minute in his past 8-5 years   

Gusington

Is there confirmation he was actually in Afghanistan and Pakistan? It sounds like he was just a wanna-be.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on March 22, 2012, 11:08:16 AM
Is there confirmation he was actually in Afghanistan and Pakistan? It sounds like he was just a wanna-be.

One of the reports said he'd been arrested by Afghani Police and deported back to France a while back.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MikeGER

Quote from: Gusington on March 22, 2012, 11:08:16 AM

quote in German from:
http://www.n-tv.de/politik/Islamisten-bekennen-sich-zu-Attentat-article5825896.html
(its not a tabloid media... that would be Bild) 

...about the shoot out:
Bei dem fünfminütigen Schusswechsel, bei dem 300 Patronen abgefeuert wurden, wurde auch ein Polizist verletzt. Zwei weitere erlitten einen Schock. Der Attentäter selbst schoss etwa 30 mal  beim Sturm auf seine Wohnung. "Ein Mitglied des Einsatzkommandos sagte mir, dass er noch nie zuvor ein Feuer von einer derartigen Intensität erlebt hat", sagte der französische Innenminister Claude Guéant.

Wie Guéant weiter mitteilte, kam Merah aus dem Badezimmer, in dem er sich versteckt hielt, und schoss  "mit äußerster Gewalttätigkeit" sofort auf die Einsatzkräfte. Nach einer mehrminütigen Schießerei sprang er dann aus dem Fenster, wobei er mit mit der Waffe in der Hand weiter feuerte. "Er wurde tot auf dem Boden gefunden", sagte Guéant.

Die Elitepolizisten waren kurz vor elf Uhr in die Wohnung von Merah eingedrungen und hatten sich dort langsam vorgetastet. Guéant hatte angeordnet, den 23-Jährigen möglichst lebend zu fassen, um ihn vor Gericht zu stellen.

...about his travels:
Staatsanwalt Molins bestätigte, dass Merah zweimal in Afghanistan und in Pakistan war, dass er aber "ein untypisches Profil salafistischer Selbstradikalisierung" aufweise. Er sei mit eigenen Mitteln und nicht über die bekannten Netzwerke nach Afghanistan gekommen. Der Mann habe auch behauptet, von Al-Kaida in Waziristan im afghanisch-pakistanischen Grenzgebiet ausgebildet worden zu sein.

Wegen seiner Reisen nach Afghanistan und Pakistan war Merah im November 2011 in Toulouse vom französischen Inlandsgeheimdienst befragt worden. Er sprach aber von einer touristischen Reise und untermauerte dies mit Fotos. Auch Merahs Mutter stand seit Längerem wegen ihrer Nähe zu radikalen Salafisten unter Beobachtung. Sie und die beiden Schwestern und Brüder Merahs wurden am Mittwoch festgenommen. Ein Bruder sympathisiert nach Angaben des französischen Innenministers ebenfalls mit den extremistischen Salafisten.

(maybe toss it into google translater ... but will be availble @CNN , etc.  soon anyway)

Staggerwing

Mike's post after Babelfish:

Quotequote in German from:
http://www.n-tv.de/politik/Islamisten-bekennen-sich-zu-Attentat-article5825896.html
(Its not a tabloid media ... that would be image)

about the shoot out
In the five-minute gun battle, in which 300 rounds were fired, a policeman was injured. Two other in shock. The assailant shot himself about 30 times during the attack on his home. "A member of the task force said to me that he has never experienced a fire of such intensity," said French Interior Minister Claude Guéant.

How Guéant further informed, Merah came out of the bathroom, where he was hiding, and shot "with extreme violence" immediately to the emergency services. After several minutes of gunfire, he jumped out the window, where he fired the gun in his hand further. "He was found dead on the floor," said Guéant.

The elite police officers had entered just before eleven clock in the apartment of Merah and there were pre-scanned slowly. Guéant had arranged to take the 23-year-olds living possible in order to put him on trial.

about his travels
Molins prosecutor confirmed that Merah was twice in Afghanistan and Pakistan, but that he "an atypical profile Salafist self-radicalization" comprising. He had come with their own resources and not about the known networks in Afghanistan. The man had also claimed to have been trained by Al Qaeda in Waziristan on the Afghan-Pakistani border region.

Because of his trips to Afghanistan and Pakistan Merah was interviewed in November 2011 in Toulouse by the French domestic intelligence agency. He said, from a tourist trip and we have demonstrated this with photos. Also Merahs mother stood for some time because of their proximity to radical Salafists under observation. She and the two sisters and brothers Merahs were arrested on Wednesday. A brother, according to the French Interior Minister sympathizes also with the extremist Salafis.

I'm assuming the statement about the terrorist shooting himself 30 times was supposed to read more
like "The assailant himself shot (back) about 30 times during the attack on his home."  ???
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Centurion40

The French should deport the dude's family, lock-stock-n-barrel.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Gusington

OK I read up on him...he was confirmed to have visited Afghanistan and Pakistan. And he was arrested by French police more than 15 times. Why wasn't he in jail already? The best news I have seen from all of these events is this quote:

Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad strongly rejected using his people as a justification for the French killings, calling the string of shootings a "cowardly terrorist attack."

"It is time for those criminals to stop exploiting the name of Palestine through their terrorist actions," Fayyad said in a statement Wednesday.

That's the first time I've ever seen anyone in that part of the world come out and speak against violence committed in their name.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bison

They should bury this @$$H0(e with a side of bacon and put a fire hydrant on his grave, which is located in a dog park.  Sick bastard.

Gusington

40 also brings up a good point...besides arrested, why wasn't this guy deported years ago? He was under surveillance for years...someone in France dropped the ball.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Gusington on March 22, 2012, 01:53:27 PM
40 also brings up a good point...besides arrested, why wasn't this guy deported years ago? He was under surveillance for years...someone in France dropped the ball.

France's borders, particularly from Algeria, are remarkably open. I saw the giant Tunisia/Algeria ferry leave nearly every time I was in Marseille's port. That thing is as big as a Carnival cruise ship.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert