Legal to sell Chametz on-line

Started by Smuckatelli, April 05, 2012, 02:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smuckatelli

Leading halachic authorities have ruled that online authorizations are acceptable for the purpose of selling chametz. The traditional and preferred practice, however, is for the authorization transaction to be done in person with the local rabbi.

All you all that have beer, you can FedEx it to me today.....I'm only offering this because I want to help you out for Pesach....which begins tomorrow.  ;)

Gusington

You'll have to pry my beer from my cold dead hands, chametz or not.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

son_of_montfort

Didn't Quinoa recently get the ax under Chametz?
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Tpek

I'll be drinking wine tonight anyhow. :P

Fetrik

I guess i shouldn't ask. But wtf is chametz?

Fetrik

ty Tpek.
Eating grains at all is stupid but i make allowance for the floating bread that is beer. ;)

DicedT

My wife emailed the chametz sale form to Chabad. Don't think chametz can be emailed, unless you're in a virtual world.

Chag Sameach (happy holiday).

Michael

Staggerwing

Quote from: Fetrik on April 06, 2012, 03:16:13 PM
Eating grains at all is stupid but i make allowance for the floating bread that is beer. ;)

Grains were the products of agriculture eons ago that allowed early humans to gather together
and develope a funky little thing called 'civilization'. Perhaps you've heard of it? Without it you'd
Be huddled, naked and starving, in a cave somewhere, unable to gather up your nuts and berries
or tasty grubs because the pointy stick you'd gnawed for self defense was no match for the ten foot
Ursine outside.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

son_of_montfort

^ yes, but it was grown by women. So maybe inherent chauvinism is at work here.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Staggerwing

Quote from: son_of_montfort on April 06, 2012, 11:24:32 PM
^ yes, but it was grown by women. So maybe inherent chauvinism is at work here.

Are you saying that grains are the Neolithic equivalent of Blood Diamonds then? It's also possible that
when Bo the Hunter Gatherer asked his wife along on the 10-foot Cave Bear hunting trip her response
was "No way! I'm too busy growing Einkorn and related single-row Cereal crops to go have fun hunting
things with teeth the size of my thumb that can bite through 10 cm of solid pine. No, I'll stay here and
toil for your porridge and ferment some of it for my own use. Just leave that notarized copy of your Will
right over by the Venus figurine on my medicine shelf. Bye now, love ya Hon!"
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

son_of_montfort

I think there is a Dan Brown conspiracy here somewhere.

Grain was grown.... BY WOMEN! OMG, MEN SUPPRESSED THIS FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS!

And that's why Chametz can now be sold on the internet.

- Stephen Colbert

- Stephen Colbert