Main Menu

Say Hello!

Started by Groglord, January 26, 2012, 10:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capn Darwin

Looks like I finally found the party. THE place for Grogs to hang out and talk shop. I'll be adding this to my internet rounds.

S!
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Steelgrave

LongBlade

Quote from: Capn Darwin on February 11, 2012, 09:53:35 PM
Looks like I finally found the party. THE place for Grogs to hang out and talk shop. I'll be adding this to my internet rounds.

S!

Heya, Jim. You in town?

I totally flaked out today - daughter had Girl Scout cookies to deliver.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

S!

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.  I guess now that we have a world-renowned and respected game dev here we need to pretend to be respectable?
Or can we blow it all off b/c it's just Jim?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

S!
Welcome aboard! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Staggerwing

S!

Howdy!
I recognize you from the WG boards. What kind of games do you design?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Shelldrake

S!

Nice to see you Capn!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Capn Darwin

Yep, there goes the neighborhood. Brant let it slip where all of the cool kids were hanging out. Thanks and nice to see all of you here as well.

@Staggerwing: Full Canvas Jacket of Red Baron Fame, Flashpoint Germany (after release working on the updates), working a computer wargame, done a number of board war games with Mark Walker's Lock'n Load crew (WaW series and NaW series), and working up a few boardgames/wargames of my own right now as well. Also help out other folks when they need a hand too.

Staggerwing

Nice resume!
What's your current avatar from? I'm reading some Hammer's Slammers ATM and the Slammers use Ground-effect tanks and combat cars.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Capn Darwin

That would be play test art for the mini-game I'm currently designing. Basically grav armor, VTOLs, power armor infantry, and hopefully some nice new mechanics for recon (that means something in game), command (control and specrtum domination), and combat (rail guns, lasers, missiles, advanced armors, etc).

LongBlade

Quote from: Capn Darwin on February 12, 2012, 11:55:57 AM
That would be play test art for the mini-game I'm currently designing. Basically grav armor, VTOLs, power armor infantry, and hopefully some nice new mechanics for recon (that means something in game), command (control and specrtum domination), and combat (rail guns, lasers, missiles, advanced armors, etc).

Sweet!

We could use a good game like that.

Capn Darwin

LB,

When I get it up and running for playtest I'll send you a copy to beat up. Hope to have it in a playtest state mid/late-March if my real world issues simmer down a bit. I located a place that can make custom markers so I can get 5/8 blank counters made up (in nice translucent colors to boot). Slap my art on the markers and I'm off to the races.

LongBlade

Quote from: LongBlade on February 11, 2012, 10:07:38 PM

S!

Heya, Jim. You in town?

I totally flaked out today - daughter had Girl Scout cookies to deliver.

Well, silly me - I thought the con was this weekend and rolled by the hotel today.

A friend of mine was telling me he couldn't make it, and I was getting chatter about other folks going. Since it's about five minutes from my house, I naturally didn't check the date.

Anyway, sorry you won't be here when it actually does take place.

ComradeP

The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Staggerwing

Mijnheer!
It's about bleeping time! We've only sent you about eleventy billion messages...