Hm, belief in the existence of Bigfoot is up this year...

Started by JasonPratt, August 03, 2022, 10:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^Any you recommend? I never really jumped on the podcast bandwagon, because I'm old(e)...so all of them will be new to me!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on August 05, 2022, 02:47:56 PM
^Any you recommend? I never really jumped on the podcast bandwagon, because I'm old(e)...so all of them will be new to me!

Hmm.  These are a few off the top of my head and they do vary in terms of tone, content and language.

In no particular order:
Last Podcast on the Left - 3 guys talkin' 'bout serial killers, cryptids and whatnot.  Strong language at nearly all times, so headphones help, and their personalities and such aren't for everyone.
Brohio Podcast - 2 guys who do just like the above do, but in their own way.  And yes, strong language is used here as well as they are, in my opinion, just good natured blue-collar  guys from Ohio.
Astonishing Legends - 2 guys covering the paranormal (and some history like Amelia Earhart) in a very long term format at times.  Utterly fantastic if you like multi-hour dives into topics by people who genuinely try to come at the topics with rational minds.  Pretty clean in language with, perhaps, an occasional dirty word every now and then.
Lore - Aaron Mahnke's first foray into the podcast world.  Well written and and read.  Episodes generally are Aaron covering just one thing, so pick and choose what you'd like to hear about.
Anything Ghost - Lexi Wahl's show where he talks about, well, ghosts.  Generally, an episode consists of stories from a dozen or so people and some of these stories are read by Lexi and some by the people who brought forth their story (so quality varies here).
Expanded Perspectives - 2 buds in Texas covering the paranormal.  Topics vary, but they never really seem to stray from paranormal things.
Dark Histories - English fellow covers topics in a similar way to Aaron Mahnke but seems to cover things that are more "European," in origin.
American Hauntings A fantastic show where each "season," covers a topic or area in length.  This season, for instance, is about spooky things in the countryside and woods.  Previous seasons covered Hollywood, New Orleans, and so on.

And in a pinch, just google "best paranormal podcast," and you'll get zillions to choose from. 

Gusington

Thanks man! I've heard of that first one, and read a few books based on the Lore podcast. Dark Histories sounds great as does American Hauntings. I need to retire to I can listen to these and create my own.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Bedtime Stories is well-produced, and can be listened to as a podcast. They cover a wide range of topics ranging from true-crime, unsolved murders, to the most recent version of the unsolved werewolf murders (supposedly) in the Land Between the Lakes (about an hour and a half from where I'm sitting). Ten to fifteen minutes per episode. There's a spinoff short series about (supposedly) a soldier's several odd experiences serving on MP patrol at Fort Bragg, and in-country as an 'advisor' in Central America. (Wartime Stories...? Can't recall, will check later.) They're certainly meant for entertainment, not for analytical discussion, but are pretty well researched on details, and the writers will cover a range of theories toward the end (including mundane ones).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!