[ended, Barth won!]Civ 6 + all expansions PBEM game recruiting

Started by Yskonyn, October 25, 2018, 01:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Anguille

Quote from: Barthheart on November 02, 2018, 08:20:48 AM
Quote from: Millipede on November 02, 2018, 08:12:58 AM
The only thing that I can think of is that the file that I download to start my turn needs to be named Peter * #.Civ6Save (* is turn number and # is date and Civ6Save won't be visible). Is there a way to accomplish that?

Why does it "need" to be named that way? The file I open is called  'PYDT Play this One!'.... And I just save over the same file and the PYDT client immediately pops up and wants to send the file again.
Same here. When i used the progamm PYDT it launched CIV VI by itself and then i just played that PYDT save.

Millipede

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 02, 2018, 08:20:44 AM
Might it be that I need to name your save something specific, me being in front of you, so to speak? I just save with the default given name by the game.
Why don't you try saving your next turn as PETER 3 3840 BC and let's see what happens. That would be consistent with how the file that I send to Anguille is named and that seems to be working.

Millipede

Quote from: Anguille on November 02, 2018, 08:31:54 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on November 02, 2018, 08:20:48 AM
Quote from: Millipede on November 02, 2018, 08:12:58 AM
The only thing that I can think of is that the file that I download to start my turn needs to be named Peter * #.Civ6Save (* is turn number and # is date and Civ6Save won't be visible). Is there a way to accomplish that?

Why does it "need" to be named that way? The file I open is called  'PYDT Play this One!'.... And I just save over the same file and the PYDT client immediately pops up and wants to send the file again.
Same here. When i used the progamm PYDT it launched CIV VI by itself and then i just played that PYDT save.

Hmmm... Maybe there's something that I'm doing wrong when I get the email that tells me my next turn is due 'cause CIV VI certainly doesn't launch itself. I can't remember the exact details (can't duplicate it until it's my turn again) but even if I'm logged onto Steam when I click on the link in the 'next turn' email, I still have to physically start up CIV VI and I've never gotten anything that says 'PYDT Play this One!'.

Yskonyn

When you get the email you do open the PYDT client, right?
It, then, sees there is a new turn.
Downloads it and puts it into the correct folder.
Wether you let PYDT start Civ after this or you start manually is irrelevant afaik.
Just make sure you follow all the steps above exactly as written.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Millipede

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 02, 2018, 09:01:24 AM
When you get the email you do open the PYDT client, right?
It, then, sees there is a new turn.
Downloads it and puts it into the correct folder.
Wether you let PYDT start Civ after this or you start manually is irrelevant afaik.
Just make sure you follow all the steps above exactly as written.
I'll run through my process when I do the next turn.

Millipede

Nope. Still the same.

As soon as I click on the download button in the PYDT client, the window that asks where you want to save the file to opens and it gives the name of the file which is and has consistently been '(PYDT). At that point it's obvious that CIV 6 won't recognize the file until it's renamed.

I guess this isn't really a problem since I know the work-around and the game goes on. It just seems odd though.

Yskonyn

Try reinstalling PDYT, cause the client does NOT ask me where I want to save the file. It might be that the thing doesn't recognise your Civ 6 install.

Millipede

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 03, 2018, 12:54:50 PM
Try reinstalling PDYT, cause the client does NOT ask me where I want to save the file. It might be that the thing doesn't recognise your Civ 6 install.
Yep, already tried that a couple of times and nothing changed.

Asking me where I want to save the file has nothing to do with PYDT, it's how I have Windows set up. Every time I download a file a window opens that asks me for a save location.

It's not really a problem, it's just strange.

Barthheart

I have Windows setup to do the same thing, but PYDT client just goes ahead and saves it where it's supposed to be.
Very odd...
???

Yskonyn

Quote from: Barthheart on November 03, 2018, 02:00:29 PM
I have Windows setup to do the same thing, but PYDT client just goes ahead and saves it where it's supposed to be.
Very odd...
???

Yeah I was going to say the same.
Perhaps there is sonething wrong with the Civ 6 registry entry. You could try reinstalling the game.
You are using the PYDT desktop app, right? Not somehow download the save via the webpage?

Yskonyn

Check this article to decrease your load times:

https://www.pcgamer.com/civilization-6-tweaks-and-fixes-guide/

-Make an exception entry for Defender / 3rd party Anti-Virus (fixes insane loading times)
-Download the empty .bik video from the linked page in the article to get rid of the logo movies and load quicker into the main menu.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 03, 2018, 02:30:13 PM
Check this article to increase your load times:

...um, surely you meant de-crease your load times (or increase your load speeds)...  :o
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

Millipede

Just giving you all a heads-up that I'm not going to be available to do my turn between 2100 PST Wed. 11/14/18 and 1700 PST Fri. 11/16/18.