Nebulous Fleet Command: space rts, physics, lan, multiplayer, z axis

Started by Destraex, December 28, 2021, 11:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Geezer on December 31, 2022, 03:51:33 PM
Thinking about picking this up while it's only $13.19 on Steam.  Sounds like the devs have put a lot of effort into it since early access.  They also have an impressive roadmap if they do actually get it all done.  Anybody still playing it here?

Get it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Skoop

Bunch of my buddies have gotten their monies worth just building different ship designs and testing them out.  I haven't had the time to dig in, but watching them, there's some depth here.  When they deliver on the campaign content, this game will be must have.

Destraex

I still dabble. I love the ship designs. The mechanics are some of the best I have seen in a space RTS.
But without more context to the battle and the ability to change the strategic situation as you can in homeworld with resources and ship building in game. Hopefully the campaign will be coop or I might be sunk.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Geezer

I bought it to support the devs as much as anything.  Looks like it has a lot of potential if they really do everything on their roadmap.  In the meantime I can learn how to fly around without making too many impact craters on those asteroids!   :)  Might never make it to multiplayer but it should be easy enough to get my moneys worth from solo play.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

undercovergeek

This guy does all kinds of tutorials and training vids for the game - they're really well informed I simply lost track of the game as others came out

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eqn7F97M8XA&t=251s

Geezer

Agreed geek.  Watching a couple of his videos helped convince me to get the game since it felt like I actually understood what he was saying.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Redwolf

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 18, 2024, 01:12:46 PMAbsolutely stunned and disappointed by this news.

So no operational or strategic layer?

Reminds me of attempts to put such a thing on top of Combat Mission.

undercovergeek

Shocked but not necessarily disappointed- I'm not someone that needs a reason to enjoy the game like a campaign - I play warno, red dragon and regiments as single skirmish games - it troubles me naught that my victorious or defeated forces must now roll onto the next scenario

But that's just me

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin