FTL: Faster Than Light

Started by Jarhead0331, September 12, 2012, 04:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarAway Sooner

steve58

The free FTL Advanced Edition announced last November will be available April 3rd.

"The time has come! We will release both FTL for the iPad and the FTL: Advanced Edition expansion on April 3rd!"

"FTL: Advanced Edition is a free content expansion for FTL. All current (and future) customers will receive this update regardless of where they purchased it. Prior to release, we will post detailed instructions on how to get the update from whatever digital vendor you originally purchased FTL."

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/03/28/ftl-advanced-edition-release-date/#more-198035
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

FarAway Sooner

Interesting.  I loved the original, but somehow didn't play it very much.  Got sucked into the Eador games instead...

Nefaro

Wonder what new stuff will be added to FTL.

Barthheart

New race, new random encounters, and new ship sub systems... according to Pocket Tactics.
All this was adds during the conversion to a iPad version, so the PC version gets the new stuff too.
IPad version due out April 3.

steve58

This link from last November has more details about whats coming:

http://www.ftlgame.com/?p=598
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Silent Disapproval Robot

Advanced Edition is now available.  I got my free upgrade from GOG about an hour ago and I've been fiddling with the game.  The new ship and new race both seem interesting.  I like the improvements to the game interface.

steve58

Downloaded my free AE from GoG as well.  Something to check out for the weekend...

steve58

There is a write-up of the new AE version over at RPS.

DennisS

This was a good game when it came out, and it is even better now.

I like the changes a lot. It is still a roguelike, and you will die, a LOT, but it's fun, and interesting. Highly recommended.