Fallen Entrantress: Legendary Heroes

Started by Bison, May 12, 2013, 03:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

Any word when the 1.5 patch is going to be released? I didn't see it
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Martok

WTF??!!!!!!!!!!! 

What madness is this??  (Did I forget to turn off Random Events?  Or is it one that's unavoidable?)  Man, this is gonna suck... 

Quote from: RooksBailey on November 04, 2013, 04:25:24 PM
Quote from: Martok on November 04, 2013, 01:34:23 PM
Actually, I think Wither is only a strategic spell.  There's a tactical version too, then (maybe called something else)?

Wither works as a tactical spell, too (same name).  It is my first spell going into a battle.    ;D
Ah, I stand corrected then.  I'm admittedly not familiar with the Wither spell (perhaps because I'm playing as a Kingdom?). 

Quote from: RooksBailey on November 04, 2013, 04:25:24 PM
Some big diplomacy changes coming in 1.5.  I am really glad to see this as I am tired of being on the bottom of an AI dog pile.  >:(

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes 1.5 changelog 
Yes, that will be a nice change.  Let's hope it actually works as intended. 

Quote from: mikeck on November 04, 2013, 04:53:58 PM
Any word when the 1.5 patch is going to be released? I didn't see it
In the changelog thread, Derek said it should hopefully go beta next week. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mikeck

I think that is a random event I have never had it happen. If I'm not mistaken you can turn random events off and set up or at least turn them down. Or you can put on your big boy pants and fight it out!
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Martok

Aw, but I don't want to put on my big-boy pants!  They look funny on me. :P 

Seriously, though, I'm kind of in a bad spot:  I'm the most centrally-located of all ten factions (more or less), and my Scouts have long since encountered all the other factions.  Ergo, I'm at war with EVERYONE...and I'm the only faction for whom that's the case. 

What's even worse is that I've kinda just been dinking around the whole time -- this is my first real play-through of FE:LH, so I'm still learning.  Unfortunately, this also means my cities are not even remotely optimized for...well, anything really -- certainly not for war, at any rate! 

More than anything else, though, I'll now be forced to be a conqueror, which just feels...kinda wrong when playing as a Kingdom.  ::)  I wanted to cast the Spell of Making, not subjugate the continent!  Gah! 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

mikeck

I think you can still get peace treatise with them. Not 100% sure. After a few turns, offer peace to a faction or two. Like I said, I haven't had it happen yet but I also haven't played a ton. I did get one where a bunch of skeletons rose up and attacked me

eyebiter

SgtRock

I forget what pain in the ass this game is and how hard it is early on.

Anyone ever had this happen?

You think your doing ok (14-19) in each research area, then you go to trade and found out all the AI players are 75-85 in all areas?

Your at peace with every one, you save and the next time you reload the games your at war with every one with in 1 or 2 turns?

As soon as a town is down to 1 or 2 units the AI attacks that town?

An enemy attacks with 10 stacks with back to back battles wiping out your strongest units and towns with no chance to heal/re-enforce?

Your trying to select units to build in a town but, after a dozen interrupts and moved all over the map, forget what town you were trying to build units in?

bbmike

I really want to love FE more but it constantly kicks my arse.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

SgtRock

Quote from: bbmike on March 29, 2014, 05:43:21 PM
I really want to love FE more but it constantly kicks my arse.  :P

It normally takes me 4 or 5 restarts to get a game going!

Martok

Good lord.  :o  What difficulty level are you guys playing on?? 

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

FarAway Sooner

Boost your Production more and build the Tower of Dominion first thing!

Martok

Quote from: bbmike on April 01, 2014, 03:35:05 PM
I'm playing on Normal level.  :-[
Goodness.  I must just be lucky so far, as I can't believe I'm that much of a better player... 

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on April 02, 2014, 09:12:20 AM
Boost your Production more and build the Tower of Dominion first thing!
Personally, I build a Merchant first (gotta get the money coming in!), then the Tower of Dominion.  But I agree you do want to get that built pretty much right away.